Pages

.

.

Sunday 28 February 2010

What would have been..................

...............my next DT project for Digital Ink Co which has sadly had to close!  I had this project ready made for the next challenge so am going to post it anyway.  The theme was to be Anything Goes so I made a door hanger for a baby's bedroom. 
The image I have used is from Stampen with CJ and I just thought it looked so cute and peaceful that it would be perfect for a door hanger on a baby's room.  I didn't have any ready made door hangers so I made my own from two pieces of heavy cardstock which I covered in shocking pink card.  I added a frill around the image which is coloured using a mixture of pencils, promarkers, sakura gelly glaze pens and Marvy markers and then pearlescent chalk on the background.
I then adhered it all to the hanger with silicone glue.  I added a couple of butterflies at the top to compliment the one in the image and some self adhesive pearl gems in decreasing sizes around the cut out.  I am quite pleased with it considering I had to make it from scratch.

I shall enter this into the challenges at:
I Love Digi which this week is Think Pink.
Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenges - Create a little something
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - ribbons and sparkle (the pearlescent chalks give a sparkle all of their own I think!)
Crafty Catz - A fancy edge and ribbon (my ribbon does both at once here I think)
Cute Card Thursday - Ribbon-tastic
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Pearls
One Stop Craft Challenge - Optimistically Pink

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece Dawn. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done hunny. By the way you won on our ribbon candy challenge. Please pop by and check out the next challenge.We'd love to see you there.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww its really is so sweet and such a gorgeous image. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn

    What a fabulous door hanger. Love how you have coloured that cute image. The ribbin frame is a fab idea.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous,i love the image thankyou for joning us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent project that is super creative! Love the door hanger! Thanks for playing along at I Love Digi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your door hanger, lovely image and great colouring :)

    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aah so pretty, yep i think your ribbon does do both, thanks for playing x carol .....craftycatz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful project Dawn. Love the gorgeous ribbon and the sweet images; just adorable.
    Thanks for joining us this week at the OSCC.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great doorhanger, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your door hanger, it is so precious..You have a great blog by the way..Lynn:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty door hanger. I love all the pink! And the image is perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious this month,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing along in our Ribbon and Sparkle challenge at C.R.A.F.T. Fab image - so fun! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely project! I really love all the pink!!
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC this week!
    We hope to see you next week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your door hanger makes a change from a card. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dawn, this is so sweet, lovely creation. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. great door hanger.
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous wall hanger. I love the image. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo pretty! I love the sparkley background and the frill is perfect!
    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your door hanger is beautiful....love the colors and the lovely touches! Thanks for sharing a little something with us at Creatilicious!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great project! Thanks for joining us at I love Digi.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great hanger. Thanks for joining in with I LOVE DIGI's first Challenge. Hope to see you again,
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so adorable and love your sweet image!!! Beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a darling little door hanger..Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cute thanks for joining us this week @ DU2DS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.