Pages

.

.

Friday 26 February 2010

Inktegrity's Spring Blog Hop

Hello again crafting friends and Welcome to Inktegrity's Spring Hop!

Oooh I love it when talk turns to Spring.  Hopefully it means that Summer won't be far behind!!
Well it is that time of the year again when Joni is saying farewell to one design team and welcoming in another.  I was proud to be a Guest Designer on the Winter Design Team and was chuffed to bits when Joni asked me if I would like to be a part of the Inktegrity Spring Hop - you bet I would.

So you have probably just visited Melissa's blog. If not, the entire blog hop is listed in order below. This is a celebration of the awesome Design Team and all of you who create with Inktegrity!  All of these images that you see on our blogs were created by request of each member. Along the hop, there is a letter for you to collect - no need to unscramble as it is spelled out for you. Simply email the phrase to jonjinko@hotmail.com with the phrase in the subject line and she will email the freebie image to you.  In addition, be sure to leave a comment on the Inktegrity blog (the last on this hop) so that you are eligible to win your choice of 5 of these images!!!

Now on to my card and image:
The image Joni gave us to work with is called Farmer Girl and this is the image you will be getting if you get the phrase and email it to her.  This is the card I made:
I used some yellow backing card for the base and the DP I used were from a pack called Cupcakes by Crafts House.  I thought they were bright and springlike to go with the image.  I coloured the image with my promarkers and used watercolour pencils for her hair.  The white card was chalked using pearlescent chalks and this was backed onto a piece of the same yellow card which I inked around the edge using a Chalk Ink Pad in Olive Pastel. 
I printed out the Spring sentiment (also part of the image) and chalked the background in pale green and pale yellow chalks and added a yellow rose in the middle to lift it a bit and I stuck three pearl gems at the bottom of the image.  I added two strips of ribbon down the side in complimentary colours and I am really pleased with the result. The bird is coloured using watercolour pencils. (Yes I know it is supposed to be a chick but I couldn't use any more yellow so I made him into a little bird instead!!)   I used the sketch over at Sketch and Stash but changed the shape from square to oval because it fitted the image better - hope that's ok girls!
This image (and all the others I have worked with) are the reason I enjoyed my time with Joni at Inktegrity.  She produces such fun little characters that you just can't help falling in love with.  Thanks Joni for asking me and keep up the good work.
For this hop, my letter is E. Now you can continue on to Tenia's blog to see another special image. Thank you so much for coming by!
Sheri
Kelly
Tracy
GD Tammy
Laura Jean
Melissa
GD Dawn
Tenia
Jacquie
GD Mary
Diane
Jeanette
Joni
Inktegrity Blog

16 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to Spring...can't see it yet with all the snow I have! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sketch...and an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this image, feels springy, just in time for Easter!!!:) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card- I would be hard pressed to find yellow in my stash, but might have to go find some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card using Farmer Girl! I love the pastely spring colors that you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn!! There you are, so sorry I didn't scroll down far enough. I guess I was too busy looking at all that yummy blog candy and this paper sundae picture you have in your sidebar. LOL!!! Wonderful card!! So springy and happy, I love seeing those colors paired together after this long dreary winter. Thank you for being a part of Inktegrity Dawn, I loved having you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your card. What a fun image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper cute!! It was great working with you...you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Dawn! I love that pretty image!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn,

    Lovely bright fresh card. Love the little sentiment.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable!!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! She makes me want to laugh.

    Mary Ski & Sir Chester
    http://purrfectsentiments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a super cute card.

    {hugs}
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.