Pages

.

.

Monday 8 February 2010

Creative Inspirations DT card and AI sketch

Hello all,
Well this is my second card as a Guest DT at Creative Inspirations and this fortnight the challenge is Love/Valentine with a colour combo of Red/Black.
I decided to use the current sketch at Artful Inkables - Think Ink challenges as I thought this was quite different, and here it is:
So red and black!!!  Whilst wondering where to start I was moving some boxes in my craft room and found some black silky material!! (Light bulb over head time!!)  I used the black material to cover a piece of card and used a spray glue to adhere it.  I secured the edges on the back with extra strong double sided tape.  Next I added the bow down the side, wrapped it around the card and tied it in a bow at the middle.  I added a red rose into the middle of a die cut heart and secured with red nob pins.
Next I cut a piece of red paper and tore the edge (well not randomly I admit, I used the jagged edge on my Fiskars shape cutter) and secured this down the middle with double sided tape.  Next I cut two pieces of black embossed card, one small for the sentiment and one larger piece for the image.  Then I cut a narrow piece of the same embossed card for across the middle and added five brads evenly spaced, all in red. 
The image I used is from Wendy at Wendy's Digital Doodling.  This is one that Wendy gave us a while ago now but I haven't had chance to use it, until now!!  Thanks Wendy, hope I did her justice. 
I coloured the image with red glitter pens, black and red pencils and tried to grade her hair with two different greys and a black pencil.  I used a silver glitter pen for the cake case. 
The sentiment was printed from my computer in black onto the same red paper I used for the main strip in the middle.

Now obviously I had to enter this into a few challenges, and they are:
ABC Challenge - N for New stash - this ribbon is newly purchased from Crafty Ribbons and the pins are newish too - won in a candy.
Bee Crafty - Romance
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Love/Valentine
Charisma Cardz- I Love You
Crazy 4 Challenges - Valentine
Creative Card Crew - Valentine
Die Cut Dreams - Have a heart
Fussy and Fancy - Hearts
La La Land - Hearts
Lili of the Valley - Valentine
Paperplay Challenges - Love Notes
Papertake Weekly - Love Actually
Penny's Papercrafty Challenges - Valentine/Love
Pile It On - To the one you love
Raise the Bar - Heart to Heart
Stamp Something - Love somethings
So there you have it, hope you like it.

27 comments:

  1. Morning Dawn gorgeous card wow cute image!
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumm yummy! Love that gorgeous red ribbon and the heart on it. The colors of this card are just fabulous and your image is darling! Great job on the challenge. Happy that you could have some fun with us this week at Pile it On.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loveely card, love the sentiment! thanks for playing with us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and I love the bow!
    Thank you for joining in the ABC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very striking card, I eally love that big bow!
    Thanks for Piling It On this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Dawn. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this card is just lovely, great colours and image and the ribbon is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is a Valentine! True red for sure! Cute and pretty all in one! Thanks for creating with us in the "hearts" challenge at La-La Land Crafts!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's gorgeous, so rich and sumptuous. The image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn

    Wow girl that bow is fabulous and I love the idea with the heart.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how gorgeous! I really love the color contrast and ribbon treatment!
    Thank you so much for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I knew this was going to be gorgeous when I saw that sneak-peek of red ribbon! Wow!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card with a fabulous image and colour combo.Amazing bow!!!Thanks for Playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute image! Great job with the ♥HEARTS♥ challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at LaLa Land Crafts *Ãœ*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card! Your ribbon and embellishments are divine! Great job and thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and lovely image from Wendy. So cute. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing along in our Valentines/ Love challenge at C.R.A.F.T. with your lovely card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fabulous creation.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Die Cut Dreams, Bee Crafty and Creative Card Crew this week.
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is LOVELY! The red/black combo is stunning!
    Thanks for playing along at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar & Penny's Challenges! We do hope you'll come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very sweet card!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, love the color combo and the gorgeous ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and that bow is stunning! Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge & good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card, very dramatic.Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous Dawn. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.