Pages

.

.

Monday 22 February 2010

Ooh La La Creations - Last GDT card......but some fabby news!

Hello everyone,
Well this is my final card as a Guest Designer for Ooh La La Creations.  I have really enjoyed my time as a Guest Designer and so was very sad that this was to be my last card for them. 
W R O N G!!!!!!!
Imagine my delight when Wendi, Emma and Anne asked me if I would like to join the team as a full time Design Member!! Woooooohoooooo!!  Would I?????  You bet I would!  So thank you Wendi, Emma and Anne for asking me to join your fabulous DT - I look forward to working with you all on a permanent basis.
So jubilations aside, this fortnight's challenge was to include Acetate somewhere on your project.  Well, this was well out of my comfort zone I can tell you!  I'm not a big acetate fan at the best of times and when I couldn't get it to go through the printer I thought I was going to cry! So I went away, had a glass of wine and came back to it another day and used the acetate in a different way.
So here is the card I made for this challenge:
I made a tri-fold card from a piece of light sage green card and cut an aperture out of the middle panel.  I put a piece of acetate over the aperture and then placed a piece of backing paper on the opposite card inner.  I then printed off my image which for this challenge is taken from the Shoes in Bloom CD and is called Daffodil.  You can find this and all the other fabulous CD's at the Ooh La La Store.  I cut out the shoe (quite fiddly but well worth it) and stuck this to the acetate on the inside of the card. 
Then I cut two slits in the folds to incorporate my ribbon across the middle of the card, then stuck down the outer third of the card.  Then I cut the same image of the shoe and adhered it to the front (on top of the inner image) of the acetate with silicone glue so that it looked like decoupage.
I tied a piece of yellow ribbon across the middle into a bow (ribbon was from Crafty Ribbons) and added four green gems to each corner of the aperture.  I then added some mulberry daffodils to the left of the ribbon and added a small lemon bow as though they were tied in a bunch.  Finally, I added a gold peel off across the top.
Remember, if you don't have any of Ooh La La's CD's and you're not sure what they are like, there are some freebies on the store site for you to download and play with as an introduction.  You might just find something you like whilst you're there.
Other challenges this card will fit are:
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Think Spring
Die Cut Dreams - Easter (Daffodils are the Easter Flower!!)
Inky Impressions - Think Spring
Raise the Bar - No stamped images

12 comments:

  1. Delighted to have you on board hun - now the fun starts!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats lovely and congratulations! Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Dawn, what fab news hun.

    Amazing card, that shoe is fabulous. Fiddly but well worth the effort.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh this is lovely, love the Daffs, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous creation! Well done!! I find I don't use acetate often either ... but you have inspired me!! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise the Bar this week! Hopefully you can play along again next challenge! And, if you're interested, I have blog candy up for grabs on MY BLOG. Feel free to pop over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your permanent DT position - well done you. Fabulous Easter card, love daffs and can't wait for spring so I can see them in the garden

    Thanks so much for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week with your fab creation
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and congrats on the DT too, thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge Congrats!!! This is one beautiful card!!!! What a wonderful job on our spring challenge!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant and cheerful!! Love your colors and design!! Thanks for playing with us at Inky Impressions this week.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. N ow if this card doesn't say Spring I guess I don't know what does! Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions have a inky dinky day! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is stunning and so perfect for spring! Thanks for playing with us at Inky Impressions. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.