Pages

.

.

Monday 8 February 2010

Challenge #16 at Digital Ink Co

Hello everyone,
I would just like to say a huge thank you to all those of you who participated in the last challenge at Digital-Ink Co and I hope to see you all again this fortnight for the next challenge which is on the theme of Valentines.  The challenge is to show love in your card, tag, layout or item and if you want your entry to count twice in the draw then you should also include the word "Wish" on it.  For example "Wish you were mine" or "A Valentine Wish".  If you use a Digital-Ink Co image then that would be fantastic as there are some great images to choose from over in the store - if not, just use whatever image you want to - it's not a condition of entry - however, if you do, you get two entries!!  How cool is that?
So this image from Lexi's Creations is the one I used:
and you can see more of her fabulous image here at the Digital-Ink Co store.
When I first saw this image I knew I wanted to incorporate some wire onto it somehow.  I made very small holes at the points where the "thread" seems to go behind the card and fed the wire through the holes bending it as I went so it followed the line on the image.  There are several small pieces of wire rather than one long one because it was easier to manipulate this way.  Once I was happy with the wire I used silicone glue to add little red hearts where the black hearts are on the image.  I then added a larger heart at the bottom and an extra round gemstone just above it.
I used some Rose vellum for the base of my card and adhered it to the card using a spray adhesive so the tape wouldn't show through.  Then I cut a long piece of red corrugated card which has gold flecks in it (don't show up very well on the pic though, sorry).  Before I stuck the card down I tied a length of red ribbon (Crafty Ribbons - Bev's Bag) embossed with silver hearts around the bottom and tied it in a bow, then used heavy duty double sided tape to stick the corrugated card to my base. 
I then printed out the words Valentine Wishes in red and glued it to a piece of the corrugated card.  You know before I started this blogging I was a very regimented crafter, everything symmetrical - not anymore, I added the phrase at an angle because I think it just gives a quirky finish to the card.
So there you go, I hope this has given you some inspiration to hop on over to Digital-Ink Co and have a go at this challenge. 
Also remember there is a fabulous sale on at the moment for the month of February - the more you spend, the more you save.  Look here and see what I mean:

And if you haven't already signed up for the Newsletter, although why you wouldn't I don't know, go to the Digital-Ink Co challenge site and click on the little green envelope to sign up.  You get a free digi image every week just for subscribing, and what's more you won't find these images in the store, they are for newsletter subscribers only!!
Have fun everyone.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Dawn love,

    Gosh this is so awesome. I totally love everything you did with this stamp!!! Super Job hun.

    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great use of the image Dawn, puts mine to shame. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous and love the posting ....GREAT job on both....

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly adored what you did with this. It looks so celestial!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    THis is fantastic, another fab bow and all the gems - really effective.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun love your top post too.
    sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, you did a fantastic job with this stamp! I loved it the minute I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgolicious!! I LOVE the richness of this card! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love what you did with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn! A stunning card, love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.