Pages

.

.

Sunday 14 February 2010

One for the fellas!! (Well one won't hurt will it?)

Good afternoon everyone.
Just one card to show you today - but it did take some colouring!!
I based this card on the sketch over at Sketch Saturday as shown below:
I wanted to do a male card to fit in with the challenge over at Rosie D's challenge which is Just for Men.  By chance this also fits the challenge at Charisma this week which is Think Men.
So here is the card I made for these challenges:
I have used an image from M&M Designz which Judy's Mom has drawn - clever lady!!  You can see all of Judy's images at the Digital Ink Co Store along with the other six creators.  Just click on the Creators tab to see the different creators' images.
I coloured in the image with ordinary pencils and then went over the whole image with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye) to soften the colours.  I backed this onto some black card and then used a piece of Stampin Up paper as the background piece.  The dark brown card is from a Hot off the Press paper pad called Ivory.  I stamped the Just for You sentiment using an Adirondack ink pad called Rust and then distressed the edges in the same ink.  The little pieces of paper are the reverse side of the Stampin Up paper.  The flowers are all from my stash and are made up from some I won in a Candy and some I already had.
I'm also going to enter this card into:
Fab n Funky - Shabby Chic (Well I did distress it so that counts doesn't it??)
Paperplay  - Birthday card for someone special (this is for my Dad - hope my Mum doesn't tell him!!)
So there you have it guys - hope you like it.
 

15 comments:

  1. Great work, Dawn. What a super image for a man's card - and I love the colours you've used. Happy Birthday to you Dad.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh cool card! Love the image!
    Thanks for joining us on paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in at Paperplay Brill imasge too

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sweet. I'm such a huge fan of the entire image of cowboys and indians. Mom did thi stamp, and you sure did it proud. Great job sweetie. Happy Valentines, and happy birthday to your dad. I will be sure to get this up in the store gallery and on my personal gallery on my own blog.

    BIG HUGS
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The distressing does count ! Great card and love all the layering. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab'n'Funky" challenges this week.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab image, thanks for joining in this weeks FnF challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great image and a fab card for man. Thanks for joining in at Rosie D's Challenge, good luck, see you again next sunday;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for men Dawn!!! I love it!

    I left a surprise for you on my blog, I hope you like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, great manly card.

    Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really great card Dawn :)
    Thanks for joining the Fab'n'Funky challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Dawn - popped over from my blog - am now following! Fab image for the card - and fab colours!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really different. Love the colours you have used and your flowers are gorgeous.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely perfect male card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking part at Rosie-D's Challenge with this great work! Good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your image is great, thanks for joining Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.