Pages

.

.

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Love Hearts with Oddella.

A very good morning to you all.
Do Valentine Cards always have to be in red or pink?
I don't think so, and that is the thinking behind my latest card.

This card features the gorgeous Oddella available here
As soon as I saw this image I just knew she was going to be on my Valentine Card.

Now because she is a bit, "out of the ordinary" shall we say, I thought that the colours I used should be non ordinary too.

You may or may not know that I love purple so that was the colour I went with.  I added a bit of bright green on her skirt to make it a non traditional plaid.

Now obviously she had to have hair that was "different" too so I went with a fabulous Red Head look for her.

The Design Team were challenged to add heart shaped balloons on our projects this week and I knew just how I was going to do that.
Have you seen the Timeless Rose collection which was released recently?  Well if you haven't just click on the link and go have a look - it is a gorgeous collection.  You don't have to buy the whole collection, it all comes as seperate components too, but to be honest when I looked, it just made sense to buy it all! Lol

So in the stamp collection is this perfect stamp of heart shaped balloons! Just what I needed.
I used the die to make a frame and then added a white square on top to stamp the balloons on.  The Heart shapes at the bottom are also part of the die set and I stamped a small heart from the stamp collection on top of them.

The backing papers are from the Winnie Wonderland Paper Heaven 6 download and I love them all.
All in all, I am pretty happy with how this came out.  I think I am getting a bit more adventurous with my layouts these days and that is thanks, in part, to being a part of this fabulous Digi Choosday Design Team.
Are you adventurous with how you put your cards together?  Do you prefer Clean and Simple or The more the Merrier?  Why not leave me a comment and let me know?

So, there you go, that's it from me for today.
See you soon.
xxxx
Challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Dawn, stunning colouring! Love how you've used the die as an accent! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image and card design...hugs Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card!thank you for joining us in the Colouring in Scrapland challenge and good luck! xx Marisol DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentine's need not to be the traditional reds and/or pinks. I usually go for simplicity when it comes to lay outs. That is why I end up having a lot in my stash because I only use a few embellishments in a project. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Love, Love, Love Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see a non-traditional Valentine - thank you for sharing at CD Sunday Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, very sweet image and lovely colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card! I love the intricate details! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the accents. The hair is amazing and the natural raw is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again. Sladjana (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colouring and such a lovely image. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the colouring . Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Get Creative Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.