Pages

.

.

Saturday 8 February 2020

Love is in the air!

Hi all
February, the month of love.
Do you celebrate Valentines Day?
Some do, some don't, I guess it is a personal thing isn't it?
Anyway, sending cards with "love" greetings on doesn't just have to be for Valentine's day now does it?
Our challenge this month over on Ching Chou Kuik's Facebook page (and incidentally the blog too) is:
VALENTINE'S DAY/LOVE/FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL
Now that gives plenty of scope doesn't it?

So for my card this week I have used the beautiful Love is in the Air
Love is in the air  Instant Download digital stamp / Wind image 0
Isn't she gorgeous?
Here is the card I made.
The image is coloured with my Copics. I really am loving using these markers and am slowly but surely building up my stash of colours, although I am a very long way off having a complete set! Maybe one day. 
The background has been done with stamps, stencils and masks from Claritystamp.  I'm not 100% happy with the background but I know what I need to do to improve on it, so hopefully the backgrounds will get better.
Do you like to make backgrounds for your images or do you purely concentrate on making the image the "main attraction" so to speak?
The background papers I have used come from a First Edition paper pad called Isabelle which I have had on my shelf for ages!!  But once I had coloured my image and done the background I knew that this pad would provide me with complimentary colours.  It is a lovely 8 x 8 pad with 48 sheets, some glittered and some double sided and is fabulous quality.
Here is a close up of the image (don't look too close at the background though! Lol)
That gorgeous flower, which was just perfect for this card was in a little bag of goodies from a friend for my birthday.  The sentiment stamp is from Claritystamp and comes as part of the latest Entwined Wreaths sets which are Gawjuss!
So there you go then.
I do hope you can find a bit of time to come and join in the fun. 
I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
See you soon
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.