Pages

.

.

Sunday 22 April 2012

A stitch in time at Totally Tilda

Hello bloggy friends.
I hope this Sunday finds you well and happy?
Well, as it is Sunday that means there is another new challenge over at the Totally Tilda challenge blog.
Firstly though, I would just like to say thank you for all your wonderful entries on the last challenge.
It always makes it hard to choose a winner/top 3 but that's part of the fun!
So what are we going to tempt you with this time??
Well the new challenge is:
STITCHING
REAL OR FAUX
Whether it's real or fake stitching we do actually need to see it for your creation to count.
It's no good saying you sewed your flower on or something similar, because we can't see it we won't believe it!! LOL  So get out your needles and thread or your sewing machine or your pen and add some stitching to your project and have a bit of fun.
*********************
So here is the card I made for the new challenge:

I decided to use two images on this card because that is the challenge over at Midweek Magnolias, and when I came across these two that I had stamped out I thought they were perfect.  I placed three pieces of lace across the bottom third of the card before placing the images on top.
Both images are coloured with Copics - yes that's right - Copics.
Now some of you will remember that I sold a load of Copic Markers a while back because I didn't like them!!! HUGE mistake.  Since I have used the Flexmarkers I can now see the attraction of the Copics - so I've replaced them!!  So, I'm still practising but I'm quite pleased with my first attempt.

The cupcake and the sentiment are from a set of Dovecraft Chipboards called Piece of Cake which my bestest friend Ali bought me for my birthday!! (MWAH!!)  I coloured them blue with Distress Inks to match the rest of the card.
Oh yes, I stitched all around the border of my card - by hand I'll have you know!!! with blue cotton to match the rest of the card.(Quite an achievement for me as I dislike sewing with a passion!!) LOL.  The little hearts are from my stash as are the two little blue roses.
So there you go my bloggy friends, my card for the Stitching challenge at Totally Tilda.
Challenges:
Papertake Weekly - A Stitch in Time
Marks Finest Papers - Stitching

17 comments:

  1. This is fab, love the sentiment.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn awww what a sweet duo great colouring sweet design love it

    smiles mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring and shading. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, how cute is this card, I love it to bits, your images, colour combo and embellies are fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias with your beautiful work. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card hun, lovely colouring, wow hun costly thing throwing your copics, I hardly use mine now but thankfully I still kept them for when I do, can't colour with them for toffee having said that lol,

    did you get your die cuts hun? hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable images...cute card!!! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Dawn I love how you have those two images of Edwin and Tilda the design, bow and colours look superb.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Dawn, so cute! Love all the elements in your project! Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends!
    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn, well you already know I adore your sweet creation, that sentiment is fab and just noticed those glittery hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous sweetie, love the cupcakes mmmm!
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Dawn for joining us at Papertake Weekly with this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Yes! You're right, they are perfect for our theme! What a gorgeous card and love those colours! Thank you so much for playing with us at Midweek Magnolias! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn this is adorable, those two go together so well
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    My Mums Craft Shop
    Hugs, Bex x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL about your Copics! :) I switched to Touch Twin Markers... I REALLY think that it IS THE PAPER!!!! I LOVE my TT's but you HAVE to be impressed using Express Blending CS for Copics... seriously AWESOME STUFF!!!!! I was a non believer! ;)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 104

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card. Lovely coloring! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally scrumptious darling. Love it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.