Pages

.

.

Thursday 1 March 2012

Time for Mum at Crafty Ribbons!

Happy Thursday morning to you lovely peeps!
Time once again for a new challenge at Crafty Ribbons.
Thanks for all your fabulous creations on our last challenge, you really are a crafty lot aren't you?
Please stop by the Crafty Ribbons Challenge blog and see if you were one of our handpicked top 3 or our Random Winner!
So, onto our new challenge.
This time the challenge is:
CELEBRATE YOUR MUM
and it is hosted by the lovely Mandy.
(It doesn't necessarily have to be for your mum, it could be for a grandmother, godmother or someone who has been like a mum to you for one reason or another.)
The prize will be a selection of these gorgeous ribbons:
So here is my project for this challenge:
I have used two stamps from Clarity Stamps for this card, well actually no, there's three!!
First off I stamped the vase onto a piece of white card.  
 Then I made a mask for the vase and the sticky paper I cut it out of I used as a frame to put round the vase whilst I stamped the crackle stamp onto the vase.
Then I masked off the vase and added the flowers
Then I used flowersoft to "colour" the flowers with, and a little bit of help from my flexmarkers for some of the leaves. The wording I did in my Craft Artist programme.
The ribbon, of course is from Crafty Ribbons and comes in a multitude of fabulous colours.  Take a look here to see what other colours there are.
Oh yes, and I went all over the base card with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink before matting the image on to two different coloured cards.
Remember to stop by the rest of the fabulous Design Teams blogs and have a look at their fabulous inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Dawn this is beautiful I love that image and the use of the Flower soft it really makes those flowers look 'touchable' the techniques you have used sound great and you have certainly got the perfect end result, your mum will treasure this I am sure.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card - love the image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, the crackle vase is gorgeous and I love the flowers.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is just gorgeous Hun love that crackle vase hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.