Pages

.

.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Getting sporty at the Christmas Card Club

Hi all,
Well time once again for another card to add to my Christmas Card total.  Am I glad I joined this lovely band of ladies - I so wouldn't have made the Christmas cards I have if I hadn't have joined up.
So this time it was Sally's  turn to host the challenge and she chose:
WINTER OLYMPICS
So here is the card I made for this challenge:
As soon as I saw the challenge title I knew which image I was going to use.  I just love this Tilda and Edwin skating.
The image is coloured with my promarkers and flexmarkers and I have placed the image on to one of those wonderful die cuts from my good friend Susie Sugar.  If you keep an eye on her EBay shop you may see some popping up from time to time - grab them when you do - you know what they say....."Miss It - Miss Out!!" LOL
I have tried to make it look like they are on a skating rink by adding some "boards" in the background and some trees behind that using a Clarity Stamp.  I have chalked the boards and the ice rink.
The paper is from an Ooh La La CD called Joyeux Noel and whilst I think this one is now discontinued it is always worth popping in to the Ooh La La shop to see what's about.  Not only are there CD's but there are also a range of digital papers, digital images and some freebies too. 
The greeting inside, which is from Clarity Stamp,  is stamped on plain white card and then I have used a Martha Stewart PATP before sticking it down onto the same backing paper that appears on the front of the card. 
The snowflakes in the left hand panel (sorry about the shadow on the pic) are a Clarity Stamp which you can find here,
and the Christmas Trees on the right hand panel are half a stamp - also from Clarity and you can see that one here.
So there you go, my Winter Olympic Christmas Card.  Another one to add to my growing pile, oh it feels good to say that!! LOL
Challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Scene (I hope the ice rink is enough!!)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Just Magnolia - Blue and White
CHNC - Glam it up with glitter

13 comments:

  1. oh wow this is a gorgeous Christmas Scene super cute image too, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have new candy if you are interested :) you are showing my old one at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Dawn, love the fold and all the stamping. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn this is gorgeous. Love all the different layers and aspects. Skating's a popular choice. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, great colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this is unbelievable... there's so much to love about this card that I don''t know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooo gorgeous Dawn. Love the shape, love the blues and love your gorgeous image!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a delightful card - Edwin and Tilda are just right for Sally's CCC challenge. I can see some glitter on Tilda's coat, so this would also be great for my CHNC challenge 63 which is 'glam it up with glitter' - would love to see you link there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for adding - lovely to see your gorgeous card at CHNC too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn, Loving your winter olympics, such a fab image and the fold of the card is super.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Dawn you have excelled yourself this is stunning!

    What a beautiful xmas creation it would be in pride of place in anyones home at christmastime!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a lovely card Dawn!!! absolutely love the blues you have used. Love the dies too. The shape is awesome and looks as great inside as out. Have something over on my blog for you hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fab Christmas scene hun, and so beautifully made. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland this week. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, where have I been, sorry I missed this one. Gorgeous inside and out and I love the Edwin/Tilda duo.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.