Pages

.

.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Tilda Holding Flowers

Hello bloggy friends.
I hope this Sunday finds you well and happy?
Well, as it is Sunday that means there is another new challenge over at the Totally Tilda challenge blog.
Firstly though, I would just like to say thank you for all your wonderful entries on the last challenge.
It always makes it hard to choose a winner/top 3 but that's part of the fun!
So what are we going to tempt you with this time??
Well the new challenge is:
TILDA HOLDING FLOWERS
FOR THIS CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE A TILDA IMAGE THAT IS HOLDING A FLOWER OR A BUNCH OF FLOWERS.
JUST USING A TILDA IMAGE AND ADDING FLOWERS TO YOUR CARD WILL NOT DO!
******************
Right, before I go any further I would just like to welcome two new Tildarettes to our little family.
Please welcome Clare and Kitty, two very talented ladies.  Please stop by their blogs and have a look at their work - it is really beautiful.
**************
From now on I will be showing you a complete card to mark the beginning of the new challenge at Totally Tilda and then I will be making a new card for the Midway Reminder.  So, now you get two for the price of one!!  What a bargain!
So here is the card I made for the new challenge:
I used this gorgeous Tilda holding Tulips for my image and coloured her with flexmarkers and promarkers.
I also used a Magnolia background stamp too, which coincidentally also has tulips on it.  The background image is coloured with my watercolour pencils.  It is stamped onto one of Susie's fabulous die cuts.  I added a piece of lace down the right hand side and a Crafty Ribbons Happy Birthday ribbon across the bottom.

Here is a close up of the image and background stamp.

And here is a close up of the flowers I used.  Wild Orchid - Hellebore, tulips, miniature roses and purple stamens to which I added hand punched leaves and also a purple chandelier from Wild Orchid.
So there you have it peeps, my Tilda holding a bunch of flowers.
Can't wait to see all your wonderful creations folks.
Challenges:
Cute card Thursday - Anything Goes
Let's Ink It Up - Show us your flowers
Magnolia Down Under - Bingo (Lace/Die cuts or punches/ribbons)
Paper Sundaes - Spring Blossoms
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (Flowers/punched shapes/lace)
The ABC Challenge - L for Lavender and Lace

12 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn awww what a cutie this spring Tilda is gorgeous colours great B/ground love your use of diff. shape doe cuts..lovely work.

    smiles mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Dawn, love the colour combo and beautiful scene. Also thanks for such a warm welcome.
    ig Hugs
    Clare
    xx
    p.s you need to get this entered over at ABC the challenge is lavender and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hun and I so love the image too..:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable!

    So glad you joined our Anything Goes Challenge at
    *Cute Card Thursday!*

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Dawn love that background I think I have it somewhere ....you've inspired me my friend I must use my backgrounds
    Lovely lace too
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Dawn - thanks for joining in with Papertake Weekly Challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Dawn what a little beauty this is, that image of Tilda is wonderful so is the little scene behind her, I love how you have used that gorgeous lace down the edge and the flowers look amazing, superb card.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scene you've created, Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lace, very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at ABC Challenge
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there :)
    WOW, Dawn, this looks so gorgeous :) Love the Tilda you chose to work with and all of the amazing details you added :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC this week :)
    Welcome back!
    Hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful little scene and gorgeous colours.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.