Pages

.

.

Friday 2 December 2011

Polka Doodles - GDT project #2

Hello all.
A very happy Friday morning to you.
Well it is time for my second venture as GDT for Polka Doodles, thanks for all your lovely comments on my Rudy Christmas Card.
Well this time the challenge over at Polka Doodles is:
SOMETHING FOR A CHILD
(WITH A HIDDEN ELEMENT TO FIND)
So, using the Pretty Sweet CD this is what I came up with:
It's a drawer box Easel card.  The tutorial for the drawer box can be found here.  Once I got my head around the dimensions it call came together quite easily.
The papers, which I have used to cover the box and the ready coloured image are all from, as I said the Pretty Sweet CD, don't you just love those patchwork papers??  The paper on the draw is also from the same CD.  I have attached a handle to the draw for ease of opening.
The image is cut out with my nestabilities and I have added a gorgeous organza swiss polka dot ribbon available here at Crafty Ribbons.  The sentiment is one of the lovely Lynne's at Sentiments 4 You.  I have added a hint of colour using my Flexmarkers.  The little gems are from my stash.
And this sentiment is one from the Pretty Sweet CD.  These sentiments come ready sized for different sized circle punches and are just so fabulous.  I have added a circle of gems to the sentiment and raised it up on sticky pads to make it my stopper for the easel.
And here is where the hidden element is!  Obviously when the time comes this little drawer will be filled with goodies - I know just the perfect little girl I'm gonna send it to as well!
So there you go peeps, my drawer box easel card.  Hope you liked it.
Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Birthday
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Some Odd Girl - Easel Card

14 comments:

  1. A really beautiful creation Dawn. Love the pretty combination of papers you've used.
    Must look at that tutorial too as the shape is lovely.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little easel box Dawn, it's very pretty
    Have a smashing weekend
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?!? So CUTE! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous project Dawn...I certainly know a little girl that would adore it! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is stunning hun just love this to bits,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful. Love the colours. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab creation! Love the design :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in with my challenge with your fab project Dawn
    I just love this idea
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Dawn this is truly wonderful what a fantastic easel drawer card, the papers, image and design look fab.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo awesome! Inspirational, cute and so adorable. Thank you so, so much for sharing this creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness this is absolutely adorable! What a fun projects, it's stunning! Thanks for entering my Christmas Candy...Good Luck in the draw!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this is an adorable drawer/easel! Love the colors! Thanks for playing at Some Odd Girl!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is gorgeous!! It´s just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic job Dawn, love the handle. I wonder what you will hide in it???

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.