Pages

.

.

Monday 5 December 2011

Make a Date at Die Cut Dreams

Good morning my blogging friends.  Here we are at the start of another week so that must mean it is time for a new challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Thank you once again to all those who entered our last challenge.  Please remember to stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog to see if you were one of our lucky winners.
So, onto the new challenge and this time the theme is:
MAKE A 2012 CALENDAR OR A JAN 2012 CALENDAR PAGE
So time to get your thinking hats on and get crafting.
Here is my project for this fortnight's challenge:
I chose to make a complete calendar.  First off I printed all the monthly calendar pages from the Watercolour Memories CD from Ooh La La which you can find here.
Then I cut them to exactly the same size.  When you print them off there is a black line at the top and the bottom.  I cut them off at the bottom line and used the top line as a marker to put perforations on each page.
 (This way they can be ripped off at the end of each month)
Then I cut a back cover and front cover from plain white thick card and cut this to the same shape as the calendar.  The front cover was again perforated at the same line as the monthly pages.  Each page was added to the next using very strong double sided tape.  Then I added a piece of ruched ribbon to hang it with.

 I decorated the front cover using a piece of DP first and then using some chipboard letters stamped them with the ink colour I had decided on and then clear embossed them to give them some shine.

The little flowers are made with Tonic punches and I used a sheet from their Print, Punch and Cut CD Petal Pairs which you can find here.
I added a butterfly, again inked up in the colour of my choice and clear embossed.  The leaves are hand punched.
So there you go then, my 2012 Calendar - I hope you like it.
If you want to see more inspiration then please pop over to the Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog where you will see some fantastic calendar projects.
Well peeps, I can't wait to see what you all come up with over the next two weeks.  Have fun!

TTFN xx

5 comments:

  1. We cant see a pic ?????
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one super calender hun would make a super gift hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great calendar Dawn , pretty cover darling
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn
    Fabulous calendar, I love your choice of image and the design is gorgeous. Beautiful pages.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why haven't I commented yet - where have I been!!!! Beautiful hun, love your cover especially the flowers with your new toy!!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.