Pages

.

.

Friday 6 May 2011

Flashback Friday 11.0 - First Wedding Card

Hi peeps.
Just a quick post this one.  I have been watching with interest the challenges at Flashback Friday and every time I see a new one I think to myself - I must go back and look to see if I have a card that fits this challenge but sadly I never seem to get the time to do it.  Well, not today - today I have had a bit more time and have actually gone back and looked through my blog - wow, what an experience that was.
Looking back I think I used to follow the sketches too literally and my cards reflect that I think.
So, anyway the theme for challenge 11.0 is "First Wedding Card".  I don't think this is the first wedding card I ever made but it is the first one I blogged so here it is!!

I made this in August 2009 and you can see the original post here.
I entered it into a couple of challenges at the time and I think it was one of the first digital images I used.  The image is from Pollycraft and I thought it was so sweet.  The papers were from a Crafter's Companion CD - I think it was the Occasions CD and I printed it off in purple tones.
These days I would have matted the papers before I used them and would have also matted the main image - isn't it funny how your work changes over time without you really noticing.
I have enjoyed looking back at older cards and will certainly be entering at Flashback Friday again!
Bye for now.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful...I love your wedding card....It is really amazing ;)
    Thanks for sharing it with us this week at FFB
    Radwa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to look back and see how our styles have changed? Your card is simply adorable and festive! Thanks so much for playing with us at Flashback Friday 11.0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    It is still a gorgeous card but it just shows how styles change and that was ages ago!!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a cute wedding card and i agree it is fun to go back. A lot happens very quick in this world. I have only a couple of months to go back but it is still very fun to see how the progress is. Good luck in the challange! :) Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.