Pages

.

.

Monday 9 May 2011

Die Cut Dreams - Princess Birthday

Monday once again and that means time for a new challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Once again we had a fabulous lot of entries to our last challenge and it was soooo hard choosing our winner and top 3.  But, we managed it so if you pop over to the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog you will be able to see who we picked - you never know - it may be YOU!!
So for this challenge our wonderful leader Susie Sugar set the challenge of:
PRINCESS BIRTHDAY
Now I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that it is Susie's birthday on 7th May???? No - surely not.... but as it happens this is the card I sent her for her birthday.  Hope you liked it Mrs Sugar!! MWAH!
So here is the card:
I have used a paper from the Papermania signature Regency pack as my backing paper and placed a run of lace down either side.  Then I have used one of those fabulous Die Cuts that Susie sells in her shop Die Cut Dreams (I haven't added a link here because the shop is temporarily closed at the moment as Susie is moving house - but I'll let you know when it is back up and running again).
I have added a large pink pearl brad at the top of the crown, a piece of glittery thread across the bottom and then adorned it with pink gems.  I also added one of those cute flowers from Bunny Zoe's Crafts too.
The image I have used is from The Greeting Farm called Cheeky Beauty.  I have coloured her with promarkers and watercolour pencils and have added some fishnet stockings for a bit of extra cheekiness.
The sentiment is from the wonderful Lynne at Sentiments 4 You (soooo glad I know you Lynne!!) and to finish off Ijust added four pink gems at each corner.

So there you have it - my Princess birthday card for a very very dear friend!
I hope you have time to join in with our challenge this time and that you will also stop by the rest of the design teams blogs and have a look at their fantastic work.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!
    Gorgeous card for a princess,
    lots of glitz and bling;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the feathery feel given to it by the lace and sparkley trim :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Dawn, I love the fluff and bling and the image is too cute
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous, love the fluffy bits. Great idea to have your Princess sitting on a crown.
    Hope the holiday is going OK hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn,
    This is gorgeous, I love your image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dawn I love it - that crown is fab & I'm glad I know you too :) big hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dawn this is one very special card for a little (or big) princess I love that image so much and all the cute girly bits.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.