Pages

.

.

Monday 23 May 2011

DCD Challenge #90 - Sketch Time!

Hi folks, well it is Monday again and that means it is time for our next Bi-weekly challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  I would just like to say a big thank you to all those who entered our last challenge, we had some fabulous entries once again - we really do appreciate all your support at Die Cut Dreams.
So, what's the next challenge I hear you call!!
This time we have a sketch for you to follow and that sketch was designed by ME!
Now this is the first sketch I have done for a challenge so I hope you all like it.  Hop on over to the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog and have a look at the sketch and what our fabulous design team have done with it.
Here is my take on the sketch anyway:

I have used a Karen Middleton stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps (sheet 3 Plate 114) - isn't she just adorable.  I have coloured the image using my Prismacolour pencils and have added Crystal Glamour Dust to the image to give it a bit of bling - well you gotta have glitter with fairies don't ya??

The image is cut out and placed on one of Susie's fabulous Die Cuts from her shop Die Cut Dreams. (You'll remember that it is closed at the moment because Susie is moving house but I'll let you know when she re-opens).
The papers are from a K and Company paper pad called Classic and a Papermania Signature pack called Regency.
I added a stamped sentiment, some flat backed gems and three Mesh flowers for a bit of bling.  The flourish is a Marianne Creatable die.  So there you have it, I hope you like it and that it has inspired you to join in with our sketch challenge this time.
Thanks for stopping by and remember to leave me some love before you go so I know you popped in.
Challenges:
In a Sweet Pea Dream - Anything Goes and Bling It Up!
Charisma - Birthdays in pink
Simon Says - sparkle and shine
Paperplay - sparkle galore
Rainbow Lady - with a flourish
YNS - Pop it Up


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and the flowers really fits a fairy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT with this georgeous creation.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn this is gorgeous what a beautiful image and I love the colours, the papers and design all look super, I love it
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and beautiful detail.
    Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful card Dawn, very girlie!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and a super layout. Love the flowers and the floursh. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image to amke a fab card.Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Pretty image and I love the flowers :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous - love the colours, fabby colouring, and i absolutely MUST have some of those flowers - they're fantastic! thanks so much for playing along at Charisma! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I hope you got the thank you card I sent your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.