Pages

.

.

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Saying thanks with a cupcake - Softpencil Tuesday

Was that really Christmas???  It went by so quickly - I think it must be an age thing!!  When I was a kid it seemed to take forever for Christmas to get here and now it seems like no time at all between one Christmas and the next!  Hey ho - New Year to look forward to now!
Well it is Tuesday once again and that means time for another Softpencil Tuesday.  This week the Design Team were given another of Elizabeth's fabulous images to use called Ratiny in a Cupcake.  I decided to make a Thank You card with it and here it is:
Now this Thank You card was given to one of my work colleagues.  We all signed it to say a huge big thank you for organising our Christmas Party in Chester - after all we did have a fabulous time and I hope she organises next year's too!!
I decided to use a couple of those wonderful die cuts from Die Cut Dreams which I think are just soooo versatile.  I added a ribbon across the middle of the main die cut and secured it with my stapler and used another piece of the same ribbon across the top left corner of the card. 
The "thanks" (again a die cut available from Die Cut Dreams) is coloured with inks using a dauber and I have tried to graduate the colour because, well because I like it like that and the image is coloured with copics. The frosting on the cupcake is done using liquid pearls and then covered in white glitter.  I added some purple roses and a purple pin just to finish it off.
So I hope you like my card and I hope you remember to pop in on the rest of the Design Team and have a look at their fabulous creations too.
I would like to say to all my followers and the rest of blogland - have a Happy Healthy New Year and enjoy the parties (if you are going to one that is) - stay safe and see you all in the New Year.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is just totally fabulous love the colours and that image is so cute.,
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh love it!! so cute :o) Loving your blog too - amazing!!! Bertie's been busy again - another triumph!!! Hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours big hugs xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frosting on the cupcake! just gorgeous!!! and I love every detail on your cute card!

    Happy New Year Dawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn,

    Love , love, love it! Love the purples, layout, the whole thing!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    Beautiful thank you card, I'm sure it was loved. Great colouring on the word and what a truly scrumptious cake.

    Hugs and have a wonderful 2011.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gorgeous!!! I love this especially the frosting!! Hugs and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.