Pages

.

.

Monday 20 December 2010

Time to go all girlie at DCD

Please bear with me here, you will need to read on to the end as there is some important challenge information at the end of this post.
Firstly thought let me say so sorry my post is up late today - don't know whether I'm on this earth or Fuller's at the moment.  Went to our office party on Friday night - stayed overnight in Chester - fabulous night out, great food, even better full English Breakfast and a reasonable journey home despite the weather so I'm still in catch up mode.  Oh and no I didn't get rolling drunk - was still able to hold a perfectly civilised conversation at the end of the evening but still had a fab time!!
So anyway, excuses over, time for another challenge over at the Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog.  Thank you to those of you who entered our Fairies challenge - not as many as usual but some fabulous creations nonetheless.  Stop by the challenge blog to see who the lucky winner was and who our top 3 were.
So on to a new challenge and this time we want to see how Girlie you can get.  Make whatever you want to but it should be as Girlie as you can!!  So plenty of scope for ribbons, flowers and bling then.
Here is the card I made for this challenge:
I used one of my Anya stamps from the Greeting Farm and this one is from the Anya Love set.  I have used a stool stamp from one of my Digital Delights stamp sets to sit Anya on then set this onto one of Susie's fabulous Die Cuts from Die Cut Dreams.  (Remember although the shop is closed for the holidays you can still place your order and Susie will sort it out when she re-opens after Christmas).
So I added a pink polka dot ribbon down the side, added a couple of pink butterflies, a pink pin and a selection of pink flowers.  The DP is from that fabulous Papermania range Henbury Lane.  The Sittin Pretty stamp is from the same Digital Delights stamp set that the stool came from.
Now I hope you are still reading folks because I have some important news for you.  From this point on our challenges will be going bi-weekly.  This challenge will run up until January 2nd which now gives you a bit more time to get your creations submitted.  Also, just for this challenge our wonderful leader Susie has given us all a couple of weeks off to spend a bit of time with our families over the Festive season, which means you probably won't get any comments for the entries on this challenge (althought I might leave the odd one if I get time).  But please don't let that put you off entering as the prize for this challenge is a Guest Designer spot for one of our future challenges so if you have time over the Christmas Period please submit and entry and you never know you could be a Guest Designer for Die Cut Dreams.

5 comments:

  1. oh this is one gorgoues card hun so beautifully colured too,sounds like you had a great party too hun happy xmas,to you and your family hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, ove these images and some of my fave papers. Merry Christmas Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    Super adorable card, very girly. Glad you had a good time and got home safe and sound.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Dawn love the way you have arranged the flowers, Just wanted to say thanks for my card its another beauty love the colours, and just to say have a fantastic xmas and see you in 2011.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - so pretty. Have a lovely Christmas and a fab 2011. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.