Pages

.

.

Sunday 19 December 2010

Easely a great challenge at Totally Tilda!!

Well, I am sorry this post is a bit late folks.  Went out for our Office Christmas Party on Friday night - we went to Chester and stayed over so didn't get back till midday yesterday and was absoloutely shattered so didn't get time to do my post ready for today........... but I'm here now - better late than never eh!
So, first off thank you to those of you who entered our last challenge - remember to pop in to the Totally Tilda challenge blog and see if you were one of our lucky winners/top 3.
So, time for another challenge - last one for this year and this time we want to see all your Easel Cards.  There are so many of you who make beautiful Easel cards so we are looking forward to seeing all your wonderful Tilda Easel creations.  This time we are lucky to have the wonderful Nikki from Bunny-Zoe's Crafts as our sponsor.
So if you are our lucky winner here is what you'll get as your prize!
Nikki's service is second to none and she stocks an awesome variety of goodies so even if you don't win the voucher you should pop over and have a look - don't forget your purse though!!
So here is the card I made for this challenge:
The DP on the  bottom is from a DCWV paperstack called Once Upon a Time and the sentiment is stamped onto one of Susie's versatile Die Cuts available at Die Cut Dreams. (I should tell you that Susie has closed up for the Christmas Period but you can still place your order and it will be dispatched as soon as possible when she re-opens in January).  The sentiment is a Clarity Stamp as is the flower to the right of it.  If you've never heard of Clarity Stamp before you might like to know that Barbara does shows on Create and Craft and also the website is well worth a visit.
The chair stamp is a Magnolia stamp which I purchased from Nikki at Bunny-Zoe's Crafts and I decided to paper-piece the chair as well as the books and letters.  Then I placed Tilda on the chair.
All the flowers, pin and pearls are from my stash as are the skeleton leaves. 
The butterfly is a peel off stuck on to acetate and cut out and then adhered to the card with my glue gun. 
The complete image is placed on another of Susie's wonderful die cuts. 
So people, can't wait to see your Easel creations - have fun.  I am going to enter this into the challenge at
Crafty Catz - Your Choice (I chose challenge 55 Magnolia)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Ooooooh isn't she cute, love the chair scene with your adorable Tilda. Great little details everywhere. Hope you survived the party OK - know what I mean!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Dawn, I love the the shades of brown and your pins and charm are lovely
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh gorgeous card, so creative, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Craftycatz, Merry Xmas carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card hun, love how you've paper pieced the chair, I've still not inked mine up yet, maybe next year!
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, but I'm partial to browns with it being my fave color and all. Paper piecing on the chair, is that what I see?! Super creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh tilda looks nice and comfortable, thanks for joining crafty catz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.