Pages

.

.

Monday 6 December 2010

Seeing three of a kind at Die Cut Dreams

Monday once more and that means another fresh challenge over at Die Cut Dreams.  Thank you for all your wonderful Sweet creations on our last challenge - simply mouthwatering!!  Remember to stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog and see if you were our lucky handpicked winner or one of our talented hand picked top 3.
So onto the next challenge and that is "Three of a Kind" - we would like to see three cards all on the same theme.  So you could either use the same image on three different coloured backgrounds, or three layouts the same with a different image - it's up to you really - but there must be three cards (or creations) - you can't just use three of something on one card.
Ok, so I chose a Sarah Kay image and did it in three different colour ways.  Here they all are together:
and here they are in separate piccys:
Yellow:

Green:
Orange:
All the papers are from Papermania pads.  The flowers on each are hand made using my cuttlebug.  I punched them all out and then tipped all the petals with a contrasting ink.  All the images are coloured with Promarkers and are all set on die cuts from Die Cut Dreams.  I made the layout exactly the same for each card and used a birthday sentiment on each one too.  I quite enjoyed this as normally I only make one of everything (unless I am asked specifically to make a batch of cards)
Please remember to stop by the rest of the Dream Team's blogs and have a look at their creations - pretty awesome they are too!!
Can't wait to see what you all come up with - bet picking the winner/top 3 won't be easy this time! hehehehe.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, these are spectacular and just shows how different colourways make such a difference to the card. Well done! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection Dawn, I really love the colors and papers. Awesome homemade flowers
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    Three birthday cards done - result!!
    I love the image and the colours you have chosen.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three gorgeous cards Dawn, beautiful image and fab papers.
    Love your flowers too.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a stunning set of cards and I just love your handmade flower.

    Agent 2 1/2 out of action snowed in lol. Mr postie hasn't been here in over a week :-(

    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theses are so sweet Dawn, love the papers too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see how different an image looks in different colours and these examples show all together show that perfectly. Love the flowers too. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimy these are fantastic xx

    Its amazing how you have used the same image but they all look different xx

    Good Luck in the compitition luv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards. Love them! Apologies for copied/pasted comment but I'm up to my eyeballs! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Stunning cards!!! I love all of them but my favorite is the second one, it's so fresh and soft.
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.