Pages

.

.

Sunday 15 July 2012

Use a Magnolia sentiment!

Hello bloggy friends.
I hope this Sunday finds you well and happy?
Well, as it is Sunday that means there is another new challenge over at the Totally Tilda challenge blog.
Firstly though, I would just like to say thank you for all your wonderful entries on the last challenge.
It always makes it hard to choose a winner/top 3 but that's part of the fun!
So what are we going to tempt you with this time??
Well the new challenge is:
USE A MAGNOLIA SENTIMENT
(Please only use a sentiment produced by Magnolia on your project, plus sweet Tilda of course)
***************
For this challenge we are sponsored once again by the lovely Nikki at Bunny Zoe's Crafts
and the prize for this challenge is:

So here is the card I made for the new challenge:

As soon as I saw this little Tilda I knew I just had to have her.  Tigers are my most favourite big cat and so into my basket she went. This is the first time I have inked her up though and I just had to use the traditional colours.  I have seen some beautiful images in different colours and they looked divine but for me I had to stay traditional!!

So I used my Copics to colour her in and then placed her onto a die cut circle which came from a pack of Scallop Circle Cards from Whichcraft.  The pack has 32 die cut circles 16 scallop and 16 plain all for just £4.08.  Why not pop over and have a look at their card selection, there are some fantastic products and the quality of the card is superb.  I sprayed the smaller black circle with Crafter's Companion Spray And Sparkle Gold - effective don't you think.  The little heart die cut was from a very dear friend and team mate (thanks sweetie!).

That gorgeous polka dot ribbon was from Crafty Ribbons. Now I bought this a while back from the Bargain Basket and I don't think they have it anymore.  But trust me, it is always worth popping in and having a good  hunt through the Bargain Basket as there are some fabulous ribbons there to be had at a fantastic price.  You know what they say - Miss it, Miss Out!!
The fabulous flowers are both from my stash and Wild Orchid.  That gorgeous pin was from another of my wonderful teamies!! (Thanks darling!)
And so to the sentiment.  Sold to go with the image I stamped it with embossing ink and then used some WOW peach gleam embossing powder.  I'm wishing I had used gold now but hey ho, such is life!!
So folks there you have it, my Tilda and Magnolia Sentiment.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Have fun!!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hun, stunning colours, so love this Tilda,

    ps die cuts on there way tomorrow lol hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn this is a striking card, the colours really work so well together and a perfect compliment to that image of Tilda, that orange bow looks gorgeous
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn I do love her in her tiger suit ! Love the circle shape and that was a bargain !! Spraying with glitter that sounds like fun ! Love it so funky ! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roaringly good card hun hehehehe!!!Love the mahoosive ribbon too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect just love the original colours just superb and love the design! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.