Pages

.

.

Sunday 27 November 2011

Commission Card and DT application!

Hi all,
Well, just saw this in time really.  Kenny K has been having a DT call so I thought I'd give it a go and apply.
I have loved these images for ages now and would dearly love the chance to get to use them more often.
So there are two cards here but it is the first one I shall be entering for the DT call.
This card was made as a commission card for a friend of my DH's.
I had already made her the 65 invitations for the party and this was the follow up card for the Birthday Girl.
Now this image, Club Kid, says 16 year old female teenager to me - what do you think??
So here is the card (A4 size):
The image is coloured with promarkers and prismacolour pencils.  (You can see I put it in a box which I also decorated but forgot to take any pics of! DOH!)
The papers are from Funky Fairy.

The letters are chipboard, which I have inked and clear embossed three times to make them really glossy and shiny. (They are IRL honest!)
The flowers are from my stash and the leaves are hand punched.
The ribbon is from Hobbycraft and the pins were bought from Nikki at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
This second card was made for my daughter's birthday.  She was forever on the computer updating her iPod and I just thought this image, Download Diva fitted her perfectly.
You will see it is very CAS as she just doesn't do flowers and bows! Sooo not cool! LOL.
I have added red streaks in her hair because DD had red highlights at the time.
So there you go then.  I hope you like my cards.  They both went down really well with the recipients I'm pleased to say.

7 comments:

  1. oh hun no wonder they went down well,as they are just brilliant really super images,and amazing detail hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Dawn, love the images and your colouration. Good luck in the DT call.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, i'm just looking around admiring your cards!!!

    Greetings from a (so far) snow-FREE Stockholm! Last year it started early to snow, now there are raspberries in some gardens getting ripe in November!

    La Vikinga / Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both gorgeous Dawn...and good luck with the call...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both totally fantastic hun and I am sure you will be successful with the call - they wouldn't dare let you slip through their fingers or they will have me to answer to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Take care hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely and I can imagine that they will be cherished. Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG's Challenge! Good luck and I hope we see your lovely work next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for entering the Design Team call at Kenny K

    Kind Regards.

    Sarah-Louise (Tiggertastic)

    Kenny K Design Team and Sponsorship coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.