Pages

.

.

Sunday 13 November 2011

Totally Tilda Midway Reminder - #35 Christmas (But NO Red, Green or Blue)

Hello peeps,
Well I just popped in to remind you that you have about a week left to submit your entries for our latest challenge at Totally Tilda.
Don't forget the challenge this time is:
CHRISTMAS
(BUT NO RED, GREEN OR BLUE)
********************
Now you know that I always show you a sneaky peek of my card the day the challenge goes live don't you?  So today is the day I can show you the whole thing!  Bet you're excited now aren't you?? LOL
Just kidding, I'm not really that big headed, honest.  So here you go then, my card for this challenge:
I think that this is quite possibly one of my most favourite Tildas.  I have coloured her using both Prismacolour Pencils and Promarkers. 
I tried a bit of distressing on this one, using some Tim Holtz C'ore dinations card and roughing up the edges.  Don't normally do this but I'm quite pleased with how this one went.
So, because we can't use Red, Green or Blue on these cards, I chose to do the Holly in gold and silver.  The ribbon (including the wide ribbon across the middle of the card - didn't see that did you? LOL), is of course from Crafty Ribbons.  The charm, pin and twirly stick were from my stash.  (I know that the twirly things are available to buy but I make my own from a pipe cleaner and I think it looks just as effective don't you??)
The sentiment is from the lovely Lynne at Sentiments 4 You.  I sponged the background and then added some gold glitter around the edge of the ticket. So peeps, there you have it, what do you think?
Please leave me a little comment so I know you stopped by.
Challenges:
By the Cute and Girly - Christmas Girls
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Christmas
Papertake Weekly - First Christmas
Party Time Tuesdays - Bling it On (Anything sparkly)

And just quickly before I go, remember that Susie's fabby store
DIE CUT DREAMS
is now officially open once again.
Why not pop in and see what's there, trust me you won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, totally stunning hun, love the gold, makes it really scrumptious.

    Hugs Ali x

    PS Enjoy the Grand Prix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn - very nice card! Thanks for joining in with Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the ribbon and the fab twirly thing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word Dawn this is an absolute delight to see what super colours, design and Tilda looks amazing.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.