Pages

.

.

Thursday 24 November 2011

Crafty Ribbons - Tag You're It!

Happy Thursday morning to you lovely peeps!
Time once again for a new challenge at Crafty Ribbons.
Thanks for all your fabulous creations on our last challenge, you really are a crafty lot aren't you?
Please stop by the Crafty Ribbons Challenge blog and see if you were one of our handpicked top 3 or our Random Winner!
So, onto our new challenge.
This time the challenge is:
MAKE A TAG!
Once again we have a fabulous prize on offer and here it is:
Now if you haven't seen or felt these ribbons before then you are in for a real treat.  They are totally lush!
So, why not enter your tag into our challenge to be in with a chance of winning these fabby ribbons.
****************
So here is my project for this challenge:
First off I used my Fleur De Lis rectangle nestabilitie to cut out the shape.  Then I stamped three different shades of Distress Ink onto a wet surface and then sprayed with water.  I dragged the die cut through the ink and then left it to dry.  Then I embossed it with milled lavender distress embossing powder. (I haven't missed bits when I stamped it the reindeer has some lovely flowers on it!)
Next I used my newly purchased set of Reindeer stamps from Kanban (gorgeous set, well worth buying!).  I stamped this with Versafine Black ink and then clear embossed it.  I did the same with the big and three small snowflakes at the top.
I added a small bow and ribbon to tie it to my parcel and of course I used seam binding ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.  You should see the range of colours this comes in - no.... really you should!!
Then I stamped my Dusky Concord Distress Ink pad all over (front and back) a piece of white lace and placed that across the bottom left hand corner of my tag.  The roses are all from my stash and I hand punched the shiny leaves.  That gorgeous pin is from the Funkie Junkie's Etsy Shop - if you love vintage you will love Linda's shop - believe me!
Finally that cute little ticket sentiment is from the lovely Lynne's blog Sentiments 4 You.  If you are looking for something other than sentiments then why not pay a visit to Lynne's fabulous on-line shop Crafts 4 You.

Challenges:
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge - Anything Goes
Shopping our Stash - Christmas or Winter related
Bows and Berries - Make a Tag
Hooked on Crafts - Something Punched (The whole shape is a Nestie Die Cut)
Audsentiments - Any Christmas Sentiment

22 comments:

  1. WOW! This is a GORGEOUS tag! I don't see how you all create these and then give them away. I'd cherish each and every one of them.!!!! SImply stunning!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's ANYTHING GOES challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tag Dawn. I love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas tag. It is so unusual, the colours, the flowers - nothing that would let you think "Christmas" in the first place - but so beautiful.... Really a special tag for a special person in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable sweetie...love it! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simply tag - thanks for taking part in the challenge at B&B this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Dawn,,,, love the effect with the wet distress inks!
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Dawn this is stunning, the shape, colours, image and embellishments look truly wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply stunning thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at Aud sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  9. What stunning work love the Tag, thank you for playing along at B&B. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. No I'm not going funny I DT for both teams I love the stamps, Pins & flowers used on this Tag it is truely stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us at MPCC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Beautiful! with a capital B!!!

    Thankyou so much for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, hun this is totally gorgeous, great idea wit hthe die cut for the tag, love the image too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dawn...this is an absolute work of art! I love it! So many gorgeous elements! Stunning!! Must go shopping to check out those sentiments! hehehe! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous indeed! Love the ribbon detail and of course flowers and embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic idea to use this Spellbinder for a tag - LOVE it and the tag itself is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for our Winter Holiday Sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments. I hope you'll have time to join us for our next challenge, I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous love the colour thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge this time.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh by the way - thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments too - how rude of me not to have mentioned it the first time I came here!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doh!

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous work, thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning tag! I'd love to see this on my Christmas package! Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our Holiday/Winter challenge
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a gorgeous tag. Thanks for playing at GHWI.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous border on your fab tag!! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime and Bows and Berries!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.