Pages

.

.

Thursday 10 November 2011

ABC time - (Anything But a Card!) at Crafty Ribbons

Well it is a very soggy morning here in the Midlands so what better way to spend it that creating Anything But a Card for our next challenge over at Crafty Ribbons?
Thank you once again for all your fantastic entries into our Bingo challenge!  There were some truly awesome entries again and I am soooo glad I didn't have to pick the top 3 this time.
Hop on over to the Crafty Ribbons challenge blog and see who the top 3 were and who Mr Random.org picked for the winner.
So, as I said in the title this time we want to see:
ANYTHING BUT A CARD
Now, not only do Crafty Ribbons have a fabulous selection of ribbons but they also have a stunning array of wonderful buttons too.  So when Ali asked if we would mind decorating some button boxes I thought they would fit this challenge perfectly.
Here is the prize for this challenge:
The winner will be able to choose one of the above, cool eh?

Any of you who went to the NEC last week and visited the Crafty Ribbons stand will surely have noticed Mandy's fabulous Easel Box card and Ali's stunning cupcakes on the stand as well as some of the other beautifully decorated button boxes.  Just goes to show how many different ways you can use Ribbon and Button boxes.
So here is my little selection of button boxes:

Now there are a couple here that I really love and a couple that I'm not so keen on but I won't say which are which, I'll let you decide.
So individually then:
This one is stamped all over with a Clarity Snowflake stamp in embossing ink and then sprinkled with fine gold glitter and heat embossed.  The image is a wooden stamp I've had for ages, again stamped in embossing ink and sprinkled with detail gold embossing powder.  The two little ribbon folds are made using Crafty Ribbons and I have added a little metal flower to the top one and three little white roses to the bottom one.


This second one has been sprayed all over with three different colours of glimmer mist and cosmic shimmer.  Then I added a gold ribbon and made a flower for the top.  This flower is made following one of the fabulous tutorials on the Crafty Ribbons website - why not pop over and give one of them a try - they are well written and really easy to follow.
For this next one I used my Tim Holtz Ink Applicator to stamp two different colours all over the box and the drawer inside.  Then I used some little bats, spiders and cat stamps from a My Favourite Things Halloween stamp set all over the box and the draw.  On the sides of the box I have added three little buttons available at Crafty Ribbons which spell out the word BOO!  Then on top of the box I have added one of the ribbon flowers - the tutorial on the website is actually for a ribbon brooch but I just haven't added the pin bit underneath.  Again that fabulous Halloween ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons, just two of several lovely colours.
I used the same technique  as the Halloween box on this next one and used blue/green colours thinking about the colours of the sea.  Then I used two fish stamps available from Clarity Stamp and dotted them around.  Then I added some sparkly velvet ribbon again in sea colours and a double button on the draw of the box.

The last one is again sponged in pale pink/lilac colours and I have added a tape measure ribbon at each end of the box outer and using some cardboard letters added the word "Pins" to the top of the box as I think any sewer would find these little boxes useful for keeping their pins/needles in.  Again I have used sparkly velvet ribbon along the sides of the box.

So there you have it, my projects for Anything But a Card!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my little boxes, please let me know what you thought.

4 comments:

  1. They are all so gorgeous Dawn....

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous! Love 'em :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely selection of button boxes! If I'd had tried to decorate all of those they'd have all ended up looking similar, I guarantee it! It's amazing that you managed to decorate each one in a completely different style :)

    I think if I had to choose a favourite then it would be the 'pins' box - I'm a CAS girl, I can't help it!

    Sian :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally I can comment - they are all stunning. I like them all in different ways. I think my fav is the Christmas one coz I love the image.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.