Pages

.

.

Monday 29 August 2011

DCD Challenge #97 - Make a Gift box or bag.

Good morning my blogging friends.  Here we are at the start of another week so that must mean it is time for a new challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Thank you once again to all those who entered our last challenge.  Please remember to stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog to see if you were one of our lucky winners.
So, onto the new challenge and this time the theme is:
MAKE A GIFT BOX OR GIFT BAG
So time to get your thinking hats on and get crafting.
Here is my project for this fortnight's challenge:
This little box started life as a perfume box.  Once I had taken the perfume out of it I opened it all out and used a 12 x 12 piece of thick patterned paper to glue it to.  Then I cut it out and re-assembled it.
I added a piece of beautiful ribbon which I bought from Crafty Ribbons in a clearance sale, all around the middle.  The big brown bow is made from wired brown tafetta again from Crafty Ribbons.
The three little tags on the sides came from a Hot Off The Press paper pad called Earth Tones that I have had in my stash for ages and again the three little pieces of narrow brown ribbon came from Crafty Ribbons.
That absolutely gorgeous flower on the top is one that I bought from Suzanne a while back, isn't it fabulous??

So there you have it, a simple but effective little gift box.
Well peeps, I can't wait to see what you all come up with over the next two weeks.  Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Wow hun, spectacular boxes. I love the massive flower and the colours are sumptious.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,
    Wonderful gift box, love the colour and design.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so beautiful Dawn...

    have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally ACE Dawn what a super box that ribbon and flower look so beautiful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gift box! Love the flower :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.