Pages

.

.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Crafty Ribbons Challenge #1

Hi all.
Well, today is the day!!  My first DT project for the new Challenge blog from Crafty Ribbons.  You all know I have always bought the majority of my ribbons from Crafty Ribbons and have praised their service and delivery from day one.  So I bet you can imagine how chuffed I was to be asked to be a part of their first venture into blogland as a challenge blog rather than sponsors.
So what is our first challenge I hear you shout???
Well the first challenge is:
FESTIVE CHEER IN SEPTEMBER!
So anything to do with Christmas then.  It doesn't have to be a card it can be anything you like so long as it follows the rules.  Remember, it should only be a new project, no backlinking allowed.  You can combine your entry with as many other challenges as you like and you can enter as many times as you like so long as it is with a different project each time.  Now I know we are called Crafty Ribbons but this doesn't mean you have to use ribbons on your creation.  By all means if you have some and you want to use it then that's fab, if it is from Crafty Ribbons too then that's a bonus but it is not a requirement to enter our challenges.
.
So here is my card for this challenge:
I have used only Crafty Ribbons on my card, no stamped images or digi images - just ribbons.
The big red poinsettia ribbon is one I have had in my stash for ages and you can still buy it here.
The snowman is a new EXCLUSIVE to Crafty Ribbons.  I love this ribbon because you can cut out the images and it doesn't fray at all!! Brilliant!
The Merry Christmas ribbon is a grosgrain ribbon available here.  Those two little Christmas Trees are a new ribbon for 2011 and you can find them here.  They come in other colours too.
The gems, leaves and flowers are all from my stash.
Well folks, there you have it.  My first DT card for Crafty Ribbons and I'm quite pleased with how it has turned out.  I hope you like it and that you will stop by the challenge blog and join in the fun.
Don't forget to stop by the rest of the Design Team's blogs too whilst you are out hopping.  (You can find all their links in my sidebar).   You will find a multitude of fabulous projects for your inspiration.
The prize on offer is a selection of the new Christmas Baubles ribbon shown below:
So off you go and get creating, I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Challenges:
Crafting for all seasons - Bingo (Ribbons/Glitter/Shine(glitter on santa ribbon and shine on silver leaves)/Flowers)
Divas by Design - Christmas in August
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. oh hun you make the most amazing cards but this one hun really is amazing just stunning detail and just love love that ribbon,hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ribbon card, I had to look again after I read your description because I had not realised it was all ribbon when I first looked.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,
    You've made a gorgeous card for our first challenge,thank you so much I know Ali and Tony would say a bit thank you to,they are in the warehouse with all those gorgeous ribbons and I know they are really busy with a new delivery,so I'm saying it from all of us....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Dawn...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, WOW what a wonderful card! I had to look twice when you said it was all ribbon. Just wonderful. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous Dawn!!! love your fun design and this beautiful ribbon!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design and I love the ribbons you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I am just loving how you used the ribbons and what a great shape!! Hugs
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn,
    WOW Absolutely Fabulous Christmas card!!! I had to look twice when I saw that it was all done with ribbons...Fabulous..Love this very creative card. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card hun! I love how you used the ribbon. Great design too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn, what a lovely card.. i'm a bit of a ribbon-a-holic too
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Season jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!!!! What fab ribbons :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.