Pages

.

.

Monday 25 April 2011

Die Cut Dreams - Challenge #88 - Wedding

Well, another Monday rolls around and that means time for another challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Firstly though, let me say a huge big thank you to all those who entered our last challenge.  Please stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog and see if you were one of our lucky winners.  (Remember, all our winners are hand picked - no Random Org here!!!!)

So, onto my creation for the next challenge which is:
WEDDING
The prize this time is a Spotlight Guest Designer spot for challenge #90 (23rd May)
So without further ado here is the card I made for this challenge:
I purchased the card as a pack of two (one cream and one white, with envelopes) from my good friend Lynne's new Online Craft Store - Crafts 4 You.  They are 85p for the pack and they are really good quality.  Why not pop along and have a browse, I am sure you will find something you want need! (LOL)
I have had this stamp for ages and just don't get much chance to use it - so - out it came!  I have coloured the man's suit with pearlescent chalk and there are a few highlights on the wedding dress (although you can bearly see them - they are there!)  Then I chalked around the edges so that it wasn't too stark!  I added some beautiful silk flowers and some pearls on gold stems.  The two corners are from a DCWV chipboard accessory pack which matches the Linen Closet papers. 
That scroll is from the same set.  The brads are American Crafts pearl brads from Hobbycraft and the Congratulations stamp I have again had for ages.
So there you have it folks - my Wedding Card.  I hope you like it.  Remember to stop by the rest of the DT (links at the top of the page) and leave them some love on their fabulous creations - I know they all appreciate those comments.

Challenges:
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Let's Celebrate
Stampin for the Weekend, Totally Papercrafts - Wedding
Fab n Funky - Here comes the Bride
Stamping Vacation - Weddings
C.R.A.F.T. - Flowers
Crafty Cardmakers - Royal Wedding

11 comments:

  1. oh just love this hun,the detail on this is just lush,love this style of cards too hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun

    Guess who forgot to do her post last night - doh!!!!!
    I do love the chip board shapes on thsi they go really well with the image.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, nothing better than pearls and flowers for a wedding card, I love the simple lines of the image.
    thanks for sharing your great card with us at Stampin' for the Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Dawn, so simple and elegant.

    Glad to hear your ankle is better. I seem to be walking a lot better this morning although its still painful and I feel fragile on it. I need to teach myself to walk again properly too, that might help ! Hope you manage to stay upright back at work.

    Take care,

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Gorgeous card!!
    Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dawn this is beautiful, what a gorgeous image and I love the side step fold it looks classy and totally super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, so pretty, thanks for playing along with CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant. Lovely design.

    Thanks for joining in with our wedding/red, white, blue challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the subtle colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.