Pages

.

.

Sunday 3 April 2011

Less Is More - Week #9

So congratulations to Kathy who was the March winner over at Less Is More - she has been leaving comments on just about every one who has entered a card in to the challenges there and she thoroughly deserves her win - well done hun. Hop over to the Less Is More blog to read more.
So it's week 9 of the Less Is More challenges and the theme this time is A Touch of Red.  This had me stumped for a while - sat here looking through all my stamps and then looking again until ........
....... I decided to do a Christmas Card.  Found my stamps out and this is what I finished up with:
The stamp is a wooden stamp I've had for ages....
......and the sentiment is a Clarity Stamp.  I just added a black ink pen border around the image and then stuck it to the card.  Simples!!  I always think Black and White Christmas cards look quite classy - what do you think?? (Now I've seen it on here I think I'd either stamp the image direct on to the card or choose a white card that was the same white as the base card!!)
Thanks for looking.


14 comments:

  1. Super card and yup I'm with you on the black & white Crimbo cards. I love making them they are very classy :D

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this christmas tree with the touch of red on the top.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Dawn
    Red is a good choice for a christmas card, your splash looks super
    Thanks for your entry
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the card...it would have been better in the same cardstock as the card blank. The sentiment and the image almost look as though they're not on speaking terms as they're so far apart.
    I can see a little area where the sentiment could have snuggled just under the tree if you had stamped more centrally, directly onto the card base.
    Just my humble opinion of course and you may well disagree.
    But it's a super idea and a great touch of red!
    Have a good week.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card, love the tree stamp. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stylish card Dawn, it's lovely. JO x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn...how organized are you! Getting your Christmas cards started already!! Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention too!

    Love your card and that tree is just lovely - see you're getting ahead of the rush with your Christmas cards too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tree stamp and looks brill with the red bow. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blimey..christmas cards already? you are organised! lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed this one - naughty me!!! Again you have captured this challenge perfectly. Clarity stamp - well what can I say it is a beautiful sentiment.
    Love it!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab! I love that image - perfect for CAS :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.