Pages

.

.

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Winter Birthday Card - Digi Choosday

Hello everyone
Firstly, can I take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Happy New Year.
I hope you all had a fabulous festive time and enjoyed yourselves.

So, new year, new challenge.
This is my first project for 2020.  (Gosh that feels weird!)
Anyhoo, here we go.
Our challenges at Digi Choosday, as you probably know, are always ANYTHING GOES!  However, the Design Team always have little extra challenges to build in to their projects and this first project of 2020 was to make a Winter Birthday card.

Isn't she just beautiful?  She is called Snowdrop from the Darling Buds collection.  This collection of images is just tooooo pretty.  I think I may have to have them all! Lol

Now the image comes in black and white for you to colour yourself but as a fabulous bonus the download also includes a pre-coloured image and that is what I have used here.  The reason I went for the pre-coloured image on this occasion was because I wanted to make a matching tag and I wanted it to be an exact copy so I just printed two images in different sizes which worked perfectly.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Winnie Celebrations 3 sentiments download and the other sentiment is from the Quotes - Winnie Special Moments download.

Now because I adore the image I didn't want to overpower it with lots of flowers and embellishments so I decided to just use a background paper.  Oh my, as soon as I saw this paper I just knew it would be a perfect background to the image.  This is from the Winnie Wonderland Paper Heaven 6 download - isn't it just the prettiest paper??

I always have to add my images on an angle (well more often than not anyway), don't know why, just think it looks a bit more interesting that way.  How do you like to add your images?  Are you a jaunty or level kind of crafter??  I'd love to know.

Anyway, just before I go, I want to remind you that not only is today the start of our new challenge at Digi Choosday, there is, of course a FABULOUS HUGE DISCOUNT available for you to use at the POLKADOODLES STORE.  Just hop on over to the challenge blog and you will find the discount code at the top of the new challenge post.  I'm sure some of you will have received a few pennies for Christmas eh?? Lol

Until next time.
xxxx

Challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous birthday card,and stunning image ...hugs Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and matching tag, sweet image and lovely soft colours. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Calendar.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty image - makes a great card. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful image, and what a lovely idea to make a matching card and tag. Both are really pretty. Thank you for sharing at CD Sunday Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Dawn! Happy New Year! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so pretty. Once snowdrops appear Spring is on it's way. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love how you kept her monochromatic! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and the background paper you chose was just perfect.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fabulous Dawn, great work! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card and beautiful image
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! OMG!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
    This card is absolutely fantastic!!!!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge.
    Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the image,and your card is gorgeous. Good Luck with your entry. A Perfect Time to craft Karen Neil DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.