Pages

.

.

Saturday 25 January 2020

A Mythical Beauty

Hi all,
Do you prefer Fairies or Unicorns?
I mean if you had to choose something mythical, which would it be?
Well, for me it would be Unicorns.  I just love the thought that there might be something so beautiful and ethereal out there. 
So, with that in mind, and the DT challenge to use something mythical this week, obviously I had to choose a Unicorn image.
This one is called Unicorn Love (I mean who couldn't love this beauty, right?)
Unicorn Love  Instant Download / Magical Animal Horse Fantasy image 0
Sometimes, when you see an image, you get an idea in your head of how you want it to look don't you?  Well, in this instance it turned out better than what was in my head! Even if I do say so myself.

Coloured with my copics, I am just so chuffed with the end result.  I am particularly pleased with her hair. The background is done with distress inks using some Claritystamp masks and the sky is just done with brushed inks and some sponging over the top for the clouds.


The background paper is from a DCWV paper pad called The Once Upon a Time Stack.  Now let me tell you, I have had this pad for years!  You know what it is like, you see a paper pad in a store and you think "Wow! The things I could do with that!" and you just HAVE to buy it!  Well, that's what happened with this pad.  Trouble is, once I got it home, none of the projects I made fitted the papers so hence the reason I still have quite a bit left.  This backing paper was just SO perfect for this image, don't you agree?  So, image and backing paper - nothing else!! Does it need anything else? I don't think so, do you?

Thanks for stopping by, and please leave me a comment on my card before you leave.  I do love to read all your comments.  Hope you find time to enter the challenge over on Ching Chou Kuik's Facebook page and also over on the Challenge blog where the theme is exactly the same.  So that gives you double the chances to win doesn't it? 

Until next time.....
xxx

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Dawn! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Dawn. I love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image and so nicely featured on your beautifully designed project. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.