Pages

.

.

Tuesday 21 January 2020

A Special Celebration - Digi Choosday

Hello all.
Can you believe we are fast approaching the end of January already?
No, neither can I!! Scary innit??

Today I am sharing with you a little gift bag that I made, along with a tag, in readiness for the birth of my fourth grandchild? Eeeeekkkkk!!

As we don't know the sex of this little beauty, I can say that because they have all been little beauties up to now, I decided to stay pretty neutral with the colours.

I printed out some of the gorgeous papers from the Baby Boom collection and changed the colour to grey and white to fit my theme. This is a fabulous little collection which features 26 A4 backing papers and 16 embellishments - just perfect when crafting for a new baby.
It is always worth having a mooch around the store at some of the older images, because there really are some beauties.

Then I chose some of the 16 embellishments and again printed them in monochrome.
To the little bib I added a sentiment from the Winnie Celebrations Kit 1

Once I was happy with the sizing I cut out all the embellishments ready to add them to my little bag.  
I made the bag using my Silhouette and used Lemon Card for the basic bag.  Then I cut the monochrome papers to size and added them to the bag, leaving a little of the lemon card showing.

Because the embellishments were all printed in monochrome I could then use my Copics to add the lemon colour as and where I wanted it, just picking out certain details on the images.
I have added a little bit of lace to the tag, which will go inside the bag with my message written on the back, but I think I may change that to ribbon instead!

Obviously there will be a small gift in the bag when the time comes (not long now) but I don't want to show that in case my daughter sees it.

I think lemon and grey is perfect for when the sex is not known, don't you??  
What other colours would you use if you wanted to be neutral??
Anyway, I hope you like my little gift bag?  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Is it enough or is it too simple??  I'm really not sure.
Hey ho, it's made now isn't it? Lol
TTFN
xxx

Challenges:


12 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous set...Love the idea ...hugs Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your fab news, Dawn and what a perfect duo to celebrate! Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me. Love the use of lemon which is great when you don't know the sex. And who says it always has to be blue or pink anyway?
    Thank you for joining us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty project. I like the simplicity of just using lemon for the colour. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bag, the details like the little socks in the fold of the bag gusset make it extra special. Thank you for sharing at CD Sunday Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute project and congratulations on your fab news
    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gift bag and the use of lemon will be OK for either girl or boy born, beautiful images
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little tag and matching gift bag love the cute images and neutral colours are perfect.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a lot of work gone into these and the design is lovely. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous bag & tag. Thanks for joining in this months 'Add a Tag' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super adorably cute gift bag and tag!!
    So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Hugs DT~Shell 💕

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.