.

.

Saturday 18 January 2020

Black Haired Lady - Ching Chou Kuik

Hello my lovelies.
Hope you are all keeping well?
Can't believe we are just over half way through January already, can you?
Time goes so fast these days, I sometimes wonder how we all manage to fit everything in? Lol

So, today I am here to show you my latest Ching Chou Kuik creation.

This image is called Black Haired Lady and you can find her here.
Obviously, as she is called Black Haired Lady, I just had to do her hair black. 
The background papers are from a paper pad by Claritystamp.  Really good quality and double sided too.  Those pieces across the middle of the card are the reverse side of the main background paper.  Cool eh? 
Now, I wonder if any of you can spot a difference between this card and my usual makes??
Look hard now!!

No? Well, go on then, I'll tell you.
I decided to use watercolour pencils on this card for a change.  I have two huge sets of watercolour pencils that just never see the light of day so I thought it was about time they did.

I did the skin and hair first and because they didn't turn out too bad I decided to finish her off in watercolours too.

The challenge this month is New Year or Something New (new baby, new job etc).  The DT were given a challenge to use their least favourite colour.  Well, other than pink (which really scares me) I don't seem to use a lot of green so I guess that must be a least favourite colour then eh?

Having said I don't like using green, I actually quite like how this turned out.  I even did the background with watercolour pencils too.  
I have invested in some fine paintbrushes too, as I used water brushes for this project.  I think a paintbrush and water will give more control over the colour somehow.  Well that's my theory anyway and I shall let you know how I go on.

What is your favourite medium?  Pencils, markers, watercolours, pastels, oils, distress inks???  I'd love to know.

I will be back soon with another CCK inspiration post, so see you then.
TTFN
***

Challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn,what can I say? As always your colouring is awesome. Great design - love it.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge again at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! I love the way you colored the image and the pretty flowers! Thank you so much for joining January Challenge! Please be sure to enter again next month!
    Hugs, Joy
    Scrapper's Delights DT member
    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image and awesome coloring. Thanks for sharing over your card over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project for our Anything Goes theme, thanks so much for sharing your make with us for this AYLI challenge. Hope to see you at the next one too! Squirrel Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design for our Anything Goes theme. I'm loving that wonderful image and beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Hope you share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.