Pages

.

.

Friday 27 December 2019

Wishing you a Happy Birthday.

Hello everyone
Well, did Santa bring you everything your heart desired?
I do hope so.
Well that's it isn't it?  All over for another year!
Soon goes rushing by doesn't it?
Aah well, I can now relax and look forward to the birth of my fourth grandchild in early February, if the little monkey decides to wait that long!! Eeeekkk.
It was a bit of a surprise, but once everyone was over the shock we are all now really excited and looking forward to the new arrival.
So, onto my card.
We had some lovely entries this month, okay so not as many but hey it's Christmas!! Lol.
I will leave you this year with my final card for 2019.
This beautiful image is, quite fittingly, called Happy Birthday and you can find her here.
I think she is just divine, don't you?
Again I have used my Copic markers on this image.

I wanted to keep the colouring simple on this and make the "cape" part look more like a sheer fabric which just flows across the main dress.  I am quite pleased with how it looks.

The backing paper is from a Lili of the Valley with Raspberry Road Designs paper pad called Beach Bliss.  I was so taken with this particular sheet I wanted to leave it as clean and simple as possible so just added a piece of fine lace across the middle.  The sentiment is made from Mini Word Chain stamps from Claritystamp because again I didn't want to overpower the image or the paper.

So there you go then.
I hope 2019 was a good year for you all and that 2020 will be even better.
Have a fabulous New Year whatever you are doing.
See you next year.

xxx
Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love the gorgeous image which is fabulously coloured -beautiful-it soon shoots past after all that planning and February will soon be here!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! DIGISTAMP CREATIVE PLAYGROUND challenge. Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, Dawn. Lovely image, beautifully coloured and a delicately patterned background with a touch of gorgeous lace. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” December Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.