Pages

.

.

Tuesday 11 September 2012

New Neon Markers!!

Well, hello all.
You will never guess???
No, go on, try!!
Do you give in???
Well let me tell you.
I was sitting at home the other day when I heard our postman struggling to get a parcel through the door.  Now, that in itself was quite strange because we don't have a letterbox!  No, sorry that's a fib, of course we have a letterbox - just couldn't help that little joke!!
Well, after he had struggled for about 10 minutes (it did honestly seem that long!) my little parcel dropped to the floor.  Now, I wasn't expecting any parcels so I was a bit surprised.  
Wow, when I opened it there was a brand new set of the new Neon Twin Tipped Markers from Letraset.
Could I tell everyone about them on my blog??
Are you kidding me - of course I can, what an honour to be asked.
So what am I rambling on about you ask?
These!
So, what can I tell you?  There are six markers in the pack and these are the colours:
From the top: Volt Blue, Glowing Green, Luminous Yellow, Radiant Orange, Electric Pink and Spark Red.

Now if you look at the names, let me tell you they do truly reflect the colours on paper/card.
So, how best to tell you what I think of them?
Well, I thought I would make a card and just use the neon markers to colour it with.
Well, I nearly did it - I had to use ordinary promarkers/flexmarkers for the hair and skin (oh and the cupcake icing) but the rest is Neon Markers.
So here's the card then:
Now I just thought that this little lady was a perfect image to use such fabulous radiant colours on.  It is of course from Saturated Canary and is called "Partyhardy" - what a fabulous name!
Here is a little close up of just the image:
Now remember that these pens are brand new, straight out of the box.
I say that because, well I didn't!!  So you will see in places (if you look hard) that the card has lifted a little.  The nibs on these pens are quite hard compared to the Promarkers and are very very wet.  So once I got used to them I used very very light strokes and the coverage was much better.  The shading is a bit harder with these as because they are so wet the card started to lift before I got the shading how I wanted it.  I did mess up on her dress a little but that's where I forgot they were new pens! DOH!!
I think on the whole I would use them but not nearly as much as my Promarkers and Flexmarkers.  They definitely have their place in my crafting but probably for Childrens cards and really quirky comical cards because I think they warrant bright neon colours.
So if you want more information on these and other fabulous products that Letraset have on offer throughout the month of September just click on the link in my sidebar.
Keep your eye on my sidebar for more links throughout September as there are quite a few fabulous offers on.  Now you wouldn't want to miss out..... would you???
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. What a great card hun! LOVE those bright colors you've used on this little gal! Thanks for joining us in our Saturated Canary Challenge and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, lovely layout and embellishments thanks for joining us at cutie pie challenge. Good Luck Cheers Sue and Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super sweet..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated Canary..hugs Debs x ( and just as a side note i also recieved the neon markers..the card tends to lift as they are water based rather than alcohol based like pm's so you might have better luck with watercolour card :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great details and colours. Cute card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neon markers were perfect for this card! I love your papers and layout and everything about this card! it's wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Blessings! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.