Pages

.

.

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Through the Window - Digi Choosday Challenge

Hello everyone
Well, things are moving along quite quickly now aren't they?  Not long before the big man goes a visiting!  Hope you are all ready? Lol

I wanted to show you my latest creation today which is a bit different for me.  I feel like I have regressed to my childhood! hahaha

For my card this time I made a "Window frame" which I cut out of Kraft card and then painted with white gesso.  I suppose I could have just used white card really couldn't I? Lol

So I wanted people to think that they were in this room and were looking out at the sweet little Carol Singer outside with her pretty little reindeer and singing birds. The image is called Winnie Heavenly Angel, Musical Winter, isn't she just the cutest?

In order to make it look like an inside window I added a piece of "net curtain" and a "pelmet" (gosh I sound old now don't I??)  I used a wooden skewer for the pole and then folded the top of the net over and stitched along the width and then threaded it onto the pole.  I was going to leave it like that but it just didn't look finished so added the chunkier lace on top.

To add to the feeling of being inside I attached a line of little stockings to the window sill. These came from the Winnie Winterland Tags and Frames digital download I changed the colour of these in my Craft Artist programme to match the "wallpaper" 😀

I added a sentiment, again from the same Tags and Frames download, which I again changed the colour on and then finished off the front with some sparkly gems.  

Then I coloured up the sweet little image and added it to the inside of the card.  I had to fiddle around with where it printed on my page so that when I trimmed the paper it fitted square on the inside.

The image is coloured with my polychromo pencils and the background is done with Pan Pastels.  I have added some sparkle to the fur on her hat and coat but it doesn't really show up very well on the pics.  Looks okay IRL though! Lol

So, there you go then.  What do you think?  Does it look like my granddaughter made it?? Lol (She is 2 by the way! 😂😂😂😂)

Now remember today is the start of the new challenge over at Digi Choosday which means not only do you have another two weeks to submit an entry for the challenge but you also get a MAHOOSIVE DISCOUNT on selected digital products over at the POLKADOODLES STORE.
Hop on over to the DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE BLOG and pick up your DISCOUNT CODE and have a mooch around the store.
You have to be quick though, it only lasts until midnight!

Right, I shall be off then.  Please let me know what you think of my project, I do love to read all your comments.
TTFN
xxx

Challenges:

16 comments:

  1. Love this!!!! What a fabulous idea, and let's face it 'childhood' is not a bad place to be. I should know I'm a permanent resident!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring and I love the idea of looking out of the window. Thank you for sharing with us and Merry Christmas.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful image behind the window,thank you for joining us at the MMM Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 'looking out' aspect. Beautiful card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card design. Super smart to add a window for the looking out effect. Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again. Sladjana (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and a very nice idea with the window. The image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and effective idea, it's just like looking out through a real window. Thank you for sharing at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely idea, really pretty. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the CRAFT challenge this time.

    Debbie
    CRAFT DT
    decrafts - my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your project with us for Dream Valley Challenge this time.

    Debbie
    Dream Valley DT
    decrafts - my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely window design with the child looking out of the window
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous design with beautiful image behind the window. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous window card.Love the image you used and colors are awesome...fab...hugs Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Have a very Merry Christmas
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.