Pages

.

.

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Digi Choosday - Anything Goes

Hi everyone
Today I want to share my pocket card with you all.

So, Choosday rolls around once more and you know what that means right?
Yep, a new challenge over at Digi Choosday and a brand new MAHOOSIVE discount on selected digital products all day!! Woooohoooo!  
You can find the discount code over on the Digi Choosday challenge blog as usual.  You just need to add the code at checkout to save those pennies.

So, before you all rush off to use the discount let me just tell you a little bit about my card.
Our challenges are always ANYTHING GOES, which you probably all know by now eh?
But, the Design Team are always given little extra challenges to address.  Let's face it, if we all did a simple card with an image on, it isn't much in the way of inspiration for all you lovely peeps out there now is it?
So this fortnight we needed to make a card with a pocket or mini envelope on with something inside.
So, this is what I came up with.  What do you think?

I checked out You Tube for a bit of inspiration and decided to go with one of the simplest makes.
Now this needed a piece of paper 8 inches by 11 inches which had a design on both sides.
So, I looked through my digital papers and found two that I liked and then printed them out on one piece of paper, i.e. made it double sided!
It is just a case of simple folds and scoring and one cut line, so so easy really.
Click HERE for the link for the You Tube video I used.
You can't really see the second paper as it is between the two pieces of lace but it is stripey rather than starry. 
My only problem was, because it was made from paper, (actually quite thick paper as it goes) it wasn't very substantial.  So, I decided to make the pocket part and then stick it to a card base.  The only problem with that is that it can tend to become front heavy so you need to bear that in mind when you add things to the front.  If I hadn't have added the silver chain bit at the top it would probably have been okay.

Having made the pocket part of the card and adhering it to a card blank I then set about the other elements.




In my Craft Artist programme I added all the elements from different digital download packs and then started to put it all together.  Because I wanted to add images to the tags and for them to be double sided I chose blank tag images (4 of them) and added them to the workspace - then I grouped them all together so that when I changed the size they would all be exactly the same.
Then I added the images and sentiments to each tag, adding a shadow to each one so they looked a little less flat.
I printed these out along with the pile of presents image which I cut out and adhered to the front of the card with pinflair silicone glue to "lift it" a little.
I added white lace to the edges of the pockets to give them a little more interest and then added the chain of silver beads across the top left corner.  These are actually part of a very fussy necklace which I don't wear any longer. Get me eh, upcycling!! Lol

Finally I added some ribbon to the tags to be able to pull them out of the card pockets and added cute little bows to either side so you can't see the hole.
The final touch was some sparkly little gems across the bottom and to the middle of the bows on the pile of presents image.
So there you have it!  
My first pocket card and possibly not my last.

I think the papers needed more of a contrast myself, what do you think?
Other than that, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Remember to stop by the Digi Choosday blog whatever so that you can use that fabulous discount, it's not there for long! xx

These are the elements I used and the links for where to buy them:
Two digital papers from the Winnie White Christmas Paper Heaven 1
The tags are from the Winnie Winterland Tags & Frames
The pre-coloured Winnie image on the tag is Winnie Heavenly Angel Delivering Candy
The other images on the tags are from Winnie White Christmas Embellishments digital download
The sentiments on the tags are from Winnie Celebrations 1 Sentiments

Right, I shall be off for now.
See you all soon.

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes Optional Twist Something Beginning with R - Recycled Necklace

17 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, Dawn! Love the lace trim and your recycled necklace! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super project, so detailed and pretty. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful details on your fabulous pocket card...love those sweet little tags.
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding project! I just love the layers and your coloring! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant project card, love the detail very pretty card
    Thank you for joining us#
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, so many lovely elements pulled together beautifully. I often find that if I make a card that turns out front heavy, adding an insert and adhering it to the back page only helps to stabilise it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I will remember that for future reference. xx

      Delete
  7. Oh and thank you for sharing at CD Sunday Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous project and thank you for sharing this with us at CD Sunday Plus.
    Carol xx
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card... Love the side pockets and the colors are stunning... Love Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Christmas’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Christmas card with the Crafty friends challenge...come back and see us again soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny card with the labels, thanks for playing along at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the vintage look of this card - that silver chain is a great touch! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.