.

.

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Digi Choosday - Teacher's Gift

Hi all,
Well, these Tuesday's certainly do come around quickly don't they.  I mean, there seems to be one every week!! Lol
Anyhoo, let's crack on shall we.
As you know our challenges are always
ANYTHING GOES
So this really does give you scope to do whatever you like to do.
If you use Polkadoodles goodies then that's fabulous but there is no necessity to do so.
Use whatever you want and make whatever pleases you.
We just love to see all your beautiful entries.

So this week the Design Team were challenged to make a Teacher's Christmas Gift.
Now, I sat and thought about this for AGES!!
It is a loooong time since my daughter was at school and this craze for Teacher's presents didn't really exist then so it is a bit alien for me.
In the end I thought I would make a scene.  NO!! Not that type of scene!! Honestly, as if! Lol
No, a nice winter scene with a cute Christmas character or two.
So, here is what I came up with.

I decided to use the Winnie White Christmas printable digi downloads to make the majority of the scenic background.  I manipulated them in my Craft Artist software, added the snowflakes, the little snowman and all the trees.  I added the little sentiment onto the sun so it stood out a bit. 

Then I printed off the adorable Rudolph and coloured him in with my Polychromo pencils and then fussy cut him out so that I could add him with some silicone gel so he was 3d.  

Next I printed out some of the gorgeous flowers and leaves from the Horace and Boo Floral Foliage download so that I could add them on to the outside of the frame.

The final addition was some little wooden snowflakes which I painted with white gesso and then dipped into blue glitter whilst still wet to offset the flowers.

I am really pleased with how this turned out and I just hope it will be good enough for my middle Grandson to give to his teacher at Christmas. Fingers crossed, lol.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with this time.
Above all though, have fun.

Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea for a gift and great design... Love it... Hugs Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Dawn such a super gorgeous gift! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous Christmas scene
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this Dawn, might have to make some of these for Jack to give to his key workers at nursery xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely detailed project. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! I love all the great dimension and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful gift, which I am sure will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh so cute!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous make, just love it, so cute

    Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland this month, good luck & I hope you will join in with us again
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.