Pages

.

.

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Digi Choosday #30 - Anything Goes

Hello all,
Hope you are keeping well in your respective parts of the world?
Well, it is time for another new challenge over at Digi Choosday once again and remember that means a new discount code valid on selected digital items for today.
Just choose your item and then add the code at checkout - if there is no discount shown it means your product does not qualify for the discount on this occasion.  Still, with so many fabulous items to choose from I am sure you will find something you like eh? 

So what have I made for you this week?
Well, the DT were challenged to only use the colours Pink and Orange - a Summer Cocktail if you like, and also to make a kinetic card - so I chose a Twisted Easel card.  Well to me that instantly said "Mermaid" and who better than Winnie Mermaid to showcase those fabulous colours.
The gorgeous image I have used is called Winnie Mermaid Mermazing Octopus Kisses - isn't it fabulous?

So out with my trusty Prismacolour pencils for this one - just because there are two fabulous neon colours in the set and they were just perfect for this challenge.

The stopper I used for this Easel card is one of the fabulous sentiments from the Winnie Special Moments Quotes.  I just printed it out on card, made the background pink to match the theme and then added to the base with some silicone to make it stand proud.  There really is a sentiment for each and every occasion in that set - I love them. I also added a little wooden seashell which I painted with acrylic paint.

I backed the image onto some orange card from my stash and the backing papers on the two main parts of the card are from the Winnie Starfish Sandcastle Papers 9 set.  These papers are really lovely colours and, for me at least, they print off pretty true to colour.

I added a couple of sparkly gem strips and then finished off with some little wooden fishes and a seahorse from my stash which I painted with Distress Markers and then added some Cosmic Shimmer to them to match the colour scheme.

So there you have it folks, my pink and orange cocktail of summer.
Can't wait to see what you all come up with.
Have fun.

Challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Lovely under sea easel card! I love your coloring and it perfect for our under the sea them for the month August!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Patties Creations Design Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card,love it...hugs Zelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Dawn!!!
    You have made a super fun card perfect for the season!!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge. Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super easel card, what a cute image. I love the added wooden embellishments too. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz - DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the orange and pink palette! Such a sweet mermaid, too. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You've breathed gorgeous life into this image! Absolutely stunning and definitely summer sensational! So glad to see you in the Just Us Girls gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, love the wee mermaid and your colour combo!
    Thanks for heading to the sea with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's so adorable! Love the colors too! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
    Blessings, Jeanie
    DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous! Great job with the color combo and her hair is beautiful
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful easel card - stunning project!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#32 – Sketch}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#32 – Summer}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#62 – ATG}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Beach/Under the Sea” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
    Pattie
    Artist and Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.