Pages

.

.

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Special challenge, special post for a special lady!

Hello blog lovers everywhere.
A while ago I joined the Design Team at Crafting for all Seasons.
I didn't stay very long due to circumstances changing but I loved being a part of the team, allbeit briefly.
They are a lovely bunch of ladies who were led and inspired by one very special lady.
Dawn Austin
Now most of you will know that on February 5th this year Dawn sadly lost her battle with breast cancer and blogland lost a lovely lady and a special friend.
So to celebrate Dawn's inspiration and the Crafting For All Seasons blog birthday Carol has organised a very special challenge.
To read all the fantastic details and to see the host of wonderful creations made by the Design Team past and present hop on over to Crafting for all Seasons.
Carol asked me if I would like to join in and of course it took me a nano second to say yes.
So here is the card I made for Dawn's special challenge:
I am sure it would have given her a wee chuckle! I hope so anyway.
Of course the wonderful image is from Bugaboo who are one of the wonderful sponsors of the Crafting for all Seasons challenge blog.
The image is coloured with Copics and pencils and I have used one of my lovely die cuts from Susie Sugar.
I wanted to keep the card fairly simple so cut out the image and added it to the die cut with silicone to give it a bit of depth.
I have chalked around the edge of the white die cut with my Pan Pastels.
The gorgeous ribbon is, of course, from Crafty Ribbons.

The little flowers I have had in my stash for ages

I put the sentiment into a text box and added a 3D effect before printing it off.
The background paper is from the Nitwits Collection by Lili of the Valley called Bonnets and Bow Ties.
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my card and that you will stop by the Crafting for all Seasons challenge blog and perhaps even take part, it would be lovely to see this challenge in particular beat the number of entries it has ever received.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dawn and a very good cause!!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Dawn!!!! I'm sure she would have laughed! Gorgeous and funny card at the same time. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Dawn this is fantastic, I read the post then saw the card I just burst out laughing, that is such a fun image, awesome card, I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Dawn, I love your image and fun sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us as a Guest Designer at Crafting for all Seasons, I'm sure Dawn would have loved your card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Dawn! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for joining us Dawn, I'm sure Dawn would have loved your card and will probably be chuckling up above as I write lol.Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.