Pages

.

.

Sunday 5 May 2013

Christmas Card Time

Hi all,
I hope the weather has picked up for all the Brits this Bank Holiday weekend!
It has been raining here most of the day but thankfully has stopped now so perhaps it will just get better and better as the weekend goes on eh?? Fingers crossed.
So another Sunday rolls around and that means time for another challenge at our Christmas Card Club.
This time the host is our lovely Zoe.
Zoe has chosen:
Clean and Simple - A One Layer Card
I don't do many of these but I think I should as it is one of the quickest cards I have made.
I have long been a fan of the lovely Barbara Grey and this card has been made using one of her techniques.
So I inked up stamp (well half of it) - available at Clarity Stamp and then ran the brayer over it.
Then brayered it into position on the card.
Turned the card around and stamped the image again with first generation ink the right way up.
Then using Adirondack "Stream" I used the sponge to add some water to the reflection.

Then stamped the sentiment at the top of the card.
Just added some sponged green around the edges of the card and Voila!!
I'm quite pleased with it I think.
What do you all think?
Challenges:

TTFN 
xxxx

19 comments:

  1. Wow. That water refection looks awesome.

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of the stamp to fit the sentiment. And I love the colour. Great card! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Dawn what a fabulous CAS card and so effective. Hope the weather gets better, sun shining here just now but for how long is anybody's guess. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Dawn, love the reflection you've created and glad you enjoyed the challenge. I look forward to seeing what other one layer cards you make. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Dawn, love your reflection and the colour. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you, this looks fab. Hope you will enter my candy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for Zoe's CCC challenge - love the colour and the way you've done the reflection. Thanks for entering this into my CHNC challenge extra for May. As you've used a sentiment, it would also be good for this week's CHNC challenge 123 - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! I really really do love it Dawn, fabulous stamping and such a gorgeous colour too - thank you for inspiring me Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this stamp Dawn love what you've done with it, its so pretty and love the colour huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you for entering the challenge, good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The reflection of the trees is superb!
    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh...you are clever Its beautiful...love the colours and how you have acheived that perfect mirror image its lovely....hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reflection! How cool is that!!! Love this card, Dawn...am in awe!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card, so glad you entered the Clarity CHallenge, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so beautiful :) so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour you've used, good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Dawn, well deserved win

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dawn
    Sorry disnt realise i hadn't commented on your card.... Stunning.... Love that technique....
    Congrats on your win on Hazels Challenge....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card, love the colour

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.