Pages

.

.

Monday 23 January 2012

A Very Blue Christmas

Now obviously I don't mean a sad Christmas 'cos that just wouldn't be right now would it??
No, I mean the colour of my Christmas Card.  You think I'm bonkers right?? (On second thoughts, don't answer that one!!) LOL
Well, I haven't lost me marbles, no I have joined a lovely group of ladies at the Christmas Card Club.  We have our own challenges every couple of weeks and the aim is to make all our Christmas Cards well ahead of schedule for next Christmas.  Believe me, after my tardy attempts at sending them out last Christmas I am determined not to get caught out again.
So, the first challenge I got to join in with was set by Keryn.  She wanted us to think thin!! (No silly, not weightwatchers - although that might not be a bad idea at the moment me thinks! LOL)
No, Keryn wanted us to make a card that would be thin enough to post without incurring extra postage charges.  So that meant no flowers or decoupage or anything that would "fatten" the envelope.
So, here is the card I made:
I have used images and papers from an Ooh La La CD called Quick Makes for Christmas and you can find it here.
I just adore blue and white Christmas cards (nearly as much as black and white) and to me it just screamed "add some glitter, add some glitter!" - so I did - lots of it!!

(Hey Mandy, you'd be proud of me hunni - just look at all this glitter!!)
I used my quickie glue pen and white glamour dust because I think it gives the best sparkle.
If you look at the white side of the card you will see some stamping behind the main image.  This was an old wooden stamp I've had for ages, stamped in embossing ink and then chalked over. I think I'd use Perfect Pearls next time.
I have added a little die cut sentiment to finish it off and I'm really pleased with how it came out.  Please let me know what you think.
If you want to see what everyone else did there are links to the rest of the Club Members on the CCC link at the top of the page. (If you can't find them just yet don't worry they will be there as soon as I get a minute)
Challenges:
Crafty Boots Challenge - Inspired by a Song - Blue Christmas (Elvis Presley)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Song Title (as above)

14 comments:

  1. Dawn this is one beautiful xmas card would look gorgeous in anyone's mantle esp mine hehe.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is such a stunning card! I love the colors and the glitter - really captures the sparkle of the snow well : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Dawn, absolutely stunning image, love the frosty colours too and it's thin! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh this really is one stunning Christmas card just adore this hun,hugs cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so gorgeous hun...and loving all your details too :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the sparkle and dimension of the blues. It's soooo pretty!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Blue Christmas... clever! Your glittering is really elegant! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. It seems odd to be making Christmas cards already but I too was very late getting my cards in the post last Christmas and perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, fab image !!! Great details!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really lovely card. The sparkling effect is gorgeous and the layout is great. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots Challenges for our Inspired by a Song Titile theme. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You have made two so amazing cards! I love both! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty - love the colour blue. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Such beautiful colours! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Told you I was having problems commenting didn't I - seem to have missed a few of your amazing creations - slapped wrist and in eth naughty corner for me then. Love thsi card and all the glitter.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.