Pages

.

.

Sunday 29 January 2012

Tilda's Valentine challenge!

Hello bloggy friends.
I hope this Sunday finds you well and happy?
Well, as it is Sunday that means there is another new challenge over at the Totally Tilda challenge blog.
Firstly though, I would just like to say thank you for all your wonderful entries on the last challenge.
It always makes it hard to choose a winner/top 3 but that's part of the fun!
Also, just before I get on to the new challenge I would just like to say a big warm hello to Helene who has joined our team.  I have worked with Helene before at Die Cut Dreams and let me tell you here work is awesome.  Looking forward to seeing your fabulous creations Helene!
So what are we going to tempt you with this time??
Well the new challenge is:
PINK AND RED VALENTINE
(You must use pink and red as the main colours on your card.  You can use splashes of other colours but to be in with a chance of winning the prize your main colour theme must be pink and red!)
Speaking of prizes, we are sponsored this time by the lovely Nikki
at
From now on I will be showing you a complete card to mark the beginning of the new challenge at Totally Tilda and then I will be making a new card for the Midway Reminder.  So, now you get two for the price of one!!  What a bargain!
So here is the project I made for the new challenge:
I was walking through Hobbycraft one day and spotted these red wooden hearts, just had to have one.  I have added some Magnolia papers (such fabulous quality papers to use!) to one half of the heart and added Cupid Tilda on top using silicone glue.
I also added three pink flat backed pearls top right.
On the red side of the heart I have used a Magnolia Doohickey doily (expensive but beautiful) and then added a pink flourish on top of the doily.

The sentiment is from the last Magnolia club kit. 
I then added a lace flower and popped a white rose with pink centre into the middle of it.

I'm quite pleased with how this came out, not my usual sort of thing but I'm glad I gave it a go. 
Challenges:
Allsorts - One or More hearts
Charisma Cardz - Pretty in Pink
Cupcake Craft Challenges - All you need is love

14 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn awww love this great take on the chall theme..fab soft colour tones very pretty.

    smiles mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Dawn this is a lovely hanging. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Hun this is just stunning your detail is just brilliant hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing love at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Gorgeous Dawn!! Love the heart, papers and Beautiful Tilda of course!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun, love the lace flower and fab Tilda, sure I've seen her some where else today too lol, gorgeous creation hun, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally stunning creation Dawn, love it to bits.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super creation for our 'All you need is love' challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely Dawn and the soft colours are perfect.

    Thank you so much for joining in our Hearts theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    Your card would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More where there are lots of prizes on offer.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning hanger
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Dawn this is absolutely gorgeous what a beautiful project I love that image of Tilda it is one that I haven't seen much of, the colours of the heart the embellishments and that lace flower is truly awesome.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous, a very sweet creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable project! Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dawn what a gorgeous piece of work thankyou for entering this into the ALLSORTS Heart Challenge this week. Good Luck Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.