Pages

.

.

Tuesday 1 October 2019

A pretty Autumn birthday Card

Hello lovely peeps.
Thought I would show you this lovely little birthday card for a little girl with an Autumn birthday.

I have made this card as my DT inspiration piece for the new challenge over at Digi Choosday.  Remember, not only is it the start of a new challenge today, but there is also a mahoosive discount on selected digis too.  If you are just starting, or even half way through your Christmas Cards, now is the time to stock up on those beautiful Christmas Digital images and/or paper packs, and with a super discount you could even consider both! 
As you know our challenges at Digi Choosday are always
ANYTHING GOES
However, the DT always have little extra challenges to tackle.
This time, we had to make either a Halloween/Autumn/Fall card which incorporated a double sided hanging tag.

As soon as I saw this gorgeous Winnie Celebrations Cake Time I just knew it was the perfect image for my project.  Just look at those gorgeous colours on her dress, how could I not use her.
Now this is a pre-coloured Digital Stamp but she also comes in black and white so that you can colour her up yourself.  Mind you when they look this fabulous, why would you bother eh? Lol
So my double sided hanging tag was made using the Winnie Winterland Tags and Frames digital paper download. 
 These are fabulous because if you have a package such as Craft Artist or similar you can manipulate these images and then print them off instead of trying to make all the bits and pieces individually.
So I used two tags, a couple of flowers and leaves from the Horace & Boo Floral Foliage digital download.  I placed the flowers on to one of the tags, made it look 3D and added a drop shadow.

 On the other tag I added a sentiment from the Winnie Special Moments Quotes digital download pack and then I printed them, cut them out and glued them together.

The background paper is from the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Paper Heaven 1 digital download and the two gorgeous orangey pieces are from the Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles 9 digital paper pack.

I used some orange twine to add my tag to the card and then finished off with some autumnal flowers and sparkly gems.
I am pretty pleased with how this turned out and the only thing I think I would change if I were to make another similar card would be to make the flower and leaves fit inside the tag shape so that the overhang didn't show on the reverse the way it does on here.  What about you?  Do you like it?  Is there anything you would do differently?
Please, if you have a moment, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  I always love to read them.
So, there you go then, that's me for today.
Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with for the challenge.
See you soon
TTFN 
xx

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Dawn! Love the 3D effect you've achieved on the tag! Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with is @ Cutie Pies. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card for our challenge at Crafty Friends, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done - love her hair.

    Thanks for sharing your card at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card.. great colors and design.
    Crafty HUgs
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and lovely fall colors.
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just gorgeous! Your coloring is terrific. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.