Pages

.

.

Saturday 19 October 2019

Blue Pumpkins for Halloween

Hello again
Here I am with my second inspiration project for our Halloween theme over at Ching Chou Kuik.
This image is called Blue Pumpkin and you can find it in Ching Chou Kuik's Etsy store here.
Because Pumpkins is one of the elements of the theme this month I thought I would be brave and use a pumpkin on my card this week. 
Now obviously the image is called Blue Pumpkin so I thought I would go with a more blue theme than my previous two cards.  

Now I have to be totally honest here and say this isn't how I wanted the pumpkin to turn out.  There are so many layers of colour on this pumpkin you just wouldn't believe. Lol
Still, I don't think it looks too bad does it?  Let me know what you would have done differently to make it more of a blue without the blue hitting you in the face, which was the problem I had.

In the end I just kept changing the shades of blue, yellow and green and then decided enough was enough and had to step away before my card disintegrated before my very eyes. Lol.
I guess that's the good thing about using Markers, you can keep going over colours until you are happy with the results. (well almost happy). 
The background on this image was again done by blending Pan Pastels.  I decided I wanted her to look like she was in an area with lots of leaves/reeds so just used the edge of my Sofft tool in the black pan pastel and "drew" the "leaves".  Do you know what, I kinda like the effect.  What do you think?
The two border strips were done with a Crafter's Companion embossing folder, brushed over with black ink and then I added Inka Gold to add a bit of grungy shine.
I brushed the gold roses with black ink to dull them down a bit and sponged ink on to the die cut and then rubbed some gold perfect pearls over it to match the borders. (well sort of match).

Remember, if you enter the challenge this month you will receive the fabulous image "Dark Moon" for free at the end of the challenge.

As always, I welcome all your lovely comments so please, don't go without leaving me a few words of advice/encouragement/criticism (only nice criticism though!) Lol
See you again soon with some more CCK inspiration.
TTFN
XXX

Challenges:




3 comments:

  1. It's magnificent, Dawn, and I wouldn't change the color of the pumpkin at all! Did you know that teal pumpkins have become the symbol for homes which are passing out "non-sugar" Halloween Treats as a salute to all the Juvenile Type 1 diabetes? We've been doing it for several years because my grandson is a Type 1 diabetic and their house is visited by all the diabetic children for miles around. :-D Now, slipping on a DT hat - Thanks ever so much for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafting with an Attitude this month and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully colored and a great image for Halloween. Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! DIGISTAMP CREATIVE PLAYGROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.