.

.

Saturday 12 October 2019

All things Halloween at Ching Chou Kuik and an anniversary gift!!

Hello all
So, have you managed to join in with our new challenge over on the Facebook page or the blog yet?
No?  Well, if you love Ching Chou Kuik's images you really ought to get an entry in.
If you read to the end there is a special surprise further down!

I would like to show you my latest project which is, as the blog header suggests, very much about Halloween.
This is my inspiration post for the current Facebook challenge over at Ching Chou Kuik.  The challenge this month is centered very much around Halloween.
So, Halloween/Pumpkins/Halloween Colours
(i.e. black, orange, purple and green)
So, I am sure you can all find something that fits the bill can't you?

Although I am not a huge lover of Halloween, I have to say that Purple is my FAVOURITE colour ever.  So this challenge was right up my street.
The image I have used here is called Misty Reflections and you can find it at Ching Chou's Etsy store here.
I chose those backing papers from a pad of Claritystamp papers which you can find here.
These papers are double sided and all mix and match perfectly.

I added the flowers because I think they just finish the card off perfectly and the little gems just give the card that bit of bling.

I decided to go with my markers for this project and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
See the moon?  That was a technique I picked up at Alyce's colouring classes over at Kit and Clowder on Facebook, I think it gives the moon that cool textured look, don't you?
I love how this came together and the only think I would do differently if I made it again would be to change the colour on the cats.  I'm not sure whether the black really works.  Please let me know what you think.

Now, just before I go, I have some fabulous information for you all.
This challenge will be celebrating five years of Ching Chou Kuik's challenges - how fantastic is that?  Quite an achievement in today's crafting world I think, don't you?
Well, to celebrate, everyone who enters the challenge this month, both on the blog challenge and the Facebook challenge, will each receive a copy of this fabulous image, called Dark Moon.
Dark Moon  Digital Stamp Instant Download / Gothic Cat Kitten image 1
Isn't she fabulous?
So, because this is such a special occasion, I have made a card using this image too.
For this project I decided to use my Polychromo pencils.  I really do love using pencils for my colouring but the only downside is that they do tend to take a little longer, but hey I can live with that. Lol.  Now strangely enough I went for purple on her dress - which was not planned but as I said, it is my favourite colour so tends to be my go to Halloween choice. Lol

The stencil behind the image is a Claritystamp stencil which you can find here.
The background is done with pan pastels which I blended to give a more ghostish finish, if you know what I mean?
The little die cut leaf branch is one I have had in my die cut box for simply ages, I just coloured it green and then added the roses.  These were bright red so I brushed them over with some black ink to give them a darker look.  I finished off with a piece of ribbon and black bow and three little purple gems. 
These free images will all be sent out at the end of the challenge.  Doing it this way means our lovely Kym isn't on and off the computer like a jack in a box!! Lol
So there you go then.
What did you think of them?  What colours would you have used for these images?
Please leave me a comment and let me know, I do love to read your comments as they may just change the way I do something on a future project.
Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon.

TTFN
xxx

Challenges:




7 comments:

  1. Amazing card, I love this picture and colors. Thank you for participating in the Brown Sugar Challenge. Danka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining our challenge with your card!
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontehblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that luscious purple on your card! It is absolutely lovely and fun Halloween card! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I love the colors you've chosen. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenges this month. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card
    Thank you for sharing it at 2 Sistersontheblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, loving the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge this month, good luck with your entry and do join us again next month. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.