Pages

.

.

Saturday 7 September 2019

Ching Chou Kuik - Facebook Challenge - Fall Colours

Hello everyone.
I hope you are enjoying seeing my CCK inspiration posts as much as I am enjoying colouring them.  There is definitely something to be said about the effects of colouring on your mind and your mood.  I can lose myself when I am colouring.  No music, no TV just me, my image and my pencils/markers.
Anyhoo, I digress.  Let's get on with the new month's inspiration posts shall we?
So this month the challenge over on the Facebook Group - in fact it is the same subject over on the challenge blog too, is:
FALL COLOURS
(So, browns, oranges, reds, greens - all those glorious Autumnal colours)

For my first week's inspiration I chose to use:
NIGHT SHADOW
I just love this image and I hope I have done it justice.


Coloured with my Polychromo pencils I used techniques and ideas I learnt over at the Kit and Clowder group on Facebook.  Ching Chou Kuik is one of the sponsors over at Kit and Clowder so why not pop over and have a look at the sorts of classes on offer.  I can tell you they are jam packed full of advice on just about everything you will ever need to know about colouring, from lightsource, colour charts, papers to pencils and markers.  Access to the classes is for life once you have paid and Alyce gives one on one advice and assistance too.  Well worth having a peek at IMO.

Anyway, back to my project.
The background was going to be done in Pan Pastels but I decided to stick with my pencils for this one.  Only downside is I now need a new mustard yellow pencil. Lol
The little border die cut was one I cut ages ago and never used and just fitted this project perfectly.

The flowers are from my stash but I thought the colours were just perfect to use on this project. The backing paper is from a Designer Paper Pad by Claritystamp.

So there you go then.  I can't wait to see all your gorgeous entries for this challenge.

Challenges:

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful Autumnal creation and fabulous Owl image, perfect for our current theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, thank you for joining us at MAWTT and Allsorts too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a stunning card. I love it. Thank you for joining us for the Things with Wings Challenge at the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) Challenge blog. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous owl and flowers, beautiful colouring.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card,

    Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn, a beautiful card to welcome Autumn to your part of the world. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic card! Well done!
    I love the colours!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge.
    Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.