Pages

.

.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Green Seahorses.

Hi all
Well as some of you will know I have recently started attending the fabulous workshops that the lovely Maria Simms runs in Shrewsbury.  I have a great time and have met some lovely ladies.
If you ever fancy joining in with these workshops in Shrewsbury just pop over to Maria's blog where you will find her email address - then just drop her a line - you will have a brilliant time. 
Indeed if you would like to join one of the other Clarity Workshops just pop over to the Clarity Website or the Clarity Stamp Challenge blog where you will find more details.
*****
So I have made a card to enter into this month's challenge over at Clarity Stamp Challenge which is Monochrome.
So here is my very green monochrome card.
I made a background on the card blank using the seaweed stencil using Lettuce adirondack.
Then for the first layer I used my Gelli Plate and two different stencils, the Dotty Wave background and the seaweed stencil.
Next I stamped my two seahorses on to white card and again used the seaweed stencil. I trimmed my card to the size I wanted which left me with two little pieces of seaweed/dotty wave background so I added those behind the image.

I coloured the two seashorses with my Distress Ink Markers and then made two flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Die.  
As a final couple of touches I added two pieces of the fabulous Keep Calm and Carry On ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and a gorgeous green pearl pin from my lovely friend Mandy at A Sprinkling Of Glitter.

I am really pleased with how this has turned out and I hope you like it too.
Please let me know what you think as all comments are gratefully received.
TTFN
XXX

6 comments:

  1. The level of detail and depth is super. Thanks so much for entering the challenge. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of loveliness you have here! The details are amazing!

    Thank you for entering the Clarity Challenge, and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning project and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for entering and good luck....I am so pleased that you enjoyed Maria's workshop, they are fantastic...looking forward to seeing more of your work.....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting card Dawn; so much going on. I see you have been practising with the gelli plate ahead of next weeks class.. and doing revision from last months class! Green is such a calm and peaceful colour... a great choice. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!....Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to look at, so much work in it all, its a great card. Thank you for entering our Clarity Challenge and good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.