Pages

.

.

Saturday 5 March 2016

All about the girls!

Hi all,
Well so far this year I am on track to enter every challenge at Clarity Stamp.
This is my entry for the March challenge which is:
I needed to make a birthday card for my Godmother so out came the Groovi stuff and off I went.
I have used the Butterfly Wreath, the Netting Plate, the Nested Octagon, the Nested Circle, the Nested Square and the Alphabet off the Plate Mate
You will also see that I have done some pricking on this one!

I have coloured the images with Spectrum Noir Pencils for the butterfly, sun and grass and Distress Ink Pens for the wording and the flowers.

The netting plate was used between the circle and the octagon and then the pricking was done between the octagon and the square, in each corner.
I am quite pleased with how this came out.
I really need to mix and match these plates much more than I do.
Note to self - need to get braver! Lol
So, there you go, my entry for this month's challenge.
Right now I'm off to tackle the calendar challenge!
xxxxxxxx



11 comments:

  1. A very lovely parchment card very pretty. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Dawn - A lovely card for your God Mother to cherish. Thank you for sharing your artwork and good luck in the challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Good use of groovi system good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card with different techniques on display! Best wishes in the Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! I did the butterfly plate for my Mum's card yesterday. I'll be ordering the pricking plates from Clarity in a minute! Good luck with the challenge x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, so much detail and the colouring is beautiful. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous design Dawn, and I love how you have encorporated the pricking...fabulous ...this is a real work of art....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Dawn. What I particularly like is the neat shapes created where the circle and octagon meet; its set me thinking... I'll be trying out some pricking too once my grids arrive. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dawn. What a lovely composition.
    I do like this. I also like the pattern that you have chosen for pricking but if you don't mind me saying, the pricking should always be from the front through to the back.
    Wishing you the best of luck in the challenge.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma - I realised my mistake as soon as I had started but didn't want the other corners to look different. Hey ho - you live and learn. And of course I don't mind you saying. Lol xxx

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Dawn. Just getting round to looking at other peoples, I don't like to look til I have got mine in. Love your colours and design. Good luck in the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.